• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    Free Covid Tests

    4 free Covid tests, shipping out in late January- https://www.covidtests.gov
  2. Lucille

    Happy Thanksgiving

    I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving today. I am waiting until next week when my son and his family will visit, but it is worth the wait because they are going to cook everything (including a Cajun style turkey) and bring it and all I have to do is eat :)
  3. Lucille

    Squid Games on Netflix

    Violent yet mesmerizing, cruelty, greed and self preservation mixed with people genuinely helping those in need, uncomfortably like parts of real life. Unexpected ending. Fast becoming the most watched Netflix show. Possibly may become the most watched new show in the world, IDK. I quickly...
  4. Lucille

    News Game

    https://www.getbadnews.com/#intro
  5. Lucille

    Something strange going on

    Various random words throughout the site appear highlighted in yellow. When one hovers over them there is an ad for blood pressure fixes and a 'click' box. This includes the word 'visited' from my top bar welcome area, but if one clicks to go to another Fauna area the yellow highlight...
  6. Lucille

    Happy Thanksgiving

    Dinner is served........
  7. Lucille

    What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

    I got some great news from my son that in a year he plans to move back to Texas. For now, though, I am not planning a big Thanksgiving it will just be me, my chihuahua and my kitty. I am still remaining extremely cautious about Covid so not inviting people over. Past Thanksgivings I would buy...
  8. Lucille

    The word you were looking for is LIE.

    Has it been only recently that people are saying something completely different from their original statement and it is described as 'walking back'? Making a correction to a small error happens all the time, for instance, newspapers will publish a correction. That is not what I'm talking about...
  9. Lucille

    Moss and lichen

    I recently sent off for some mosses and lichen to grow with some of my plants. I think because they are small, people tend not to look at mosses but they really are very interesting.
  10. Lucille

    Fried cabbage

    It really isn't fried except for at the beginning. Some people use bacon but I had some smoked ham with ham fat so I used that, fry it up with a chopped onion, I used a sweet onion. Instead of using my slow cooker I just used a large steel pot. Cut up a cabbage and put it in the pot along...
  11. Lucille

    Don't inject Disinfectants

    This is serious. Apparently after a highly placed politician said : “And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute — one minute — and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?” Mr. Trump asked. “Because you see it gets in the...
  12. Lucille

    Anyone ever keep African Dwarf Frogs?

    They are so cute!
  13. Lucille

    Preppers , a rant

    For many years I have been doing food and supply storage. Even though I do not have a garden now, I still can items when I find a lot of them on sale. And even after downsizing, there is always room to do some prep. So I really did not need to do a lot when the current run on groceries began...
  14. Lucille

    The Covid humor thread

    Things are so bad that sometimes we just have to take a minute and laugh to get the misery of it all out of our minds for a minute. Post your Covid humor here.
  15. Lucille

    Valentine's Day

    I LOVE this idea: Zoo will name a rat after your ex, feed it to a snake on Valentine's Day The San Antonio Zoo in Texas said it will name a rat after your ex and feed it to a snake on Feb. 14. The zoo is charging $25 for this service, but there's a cheaper alternative that's just as spiteful...
  16. Lucille

    Sound Off: Girl Scout Cookies

    Last few years, I get my Girl Scout Cookies at tables set up in front of Walmart. This year I had a door to door seller. The other day I heard a knock on the door and there was a whole passel of kids out there, 2 or 3 little ones hauling 4 wheel carts of cookies, the Girl Scout and a friend to...
  17. Lucille

    Pandemic dogs and other pets

    I have not heard of any planning but think it is best to plan before help is needed. I do believe that a coronavirus pandemic will happen and that it will not be far in the future. While of course major planning and concern needs to go to the people who will be infected, and their children, I am...
  18. Lucille

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY April Yohn and Connie Zuchowski!!!!

    Hope y'all have a wonderful day!!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  19. Lucille

    Avocado glut

    25 cents at Walmart. I made and froze 3 quarts of guacamole and had guac and chips for lunch. What with the coronavirus and the trade spats going on, if I was a foreign business with highly perishable items like avocados, I wouldn't want to hold onto them for too long. Or maybe it is just a...
  20. Lucille

    RIP Kobe Bryant

    He was a great person and outstanding player. Rip as well his daughter Gianna and the others involved in the accident. My heart goes out to their families.
Back
Top