• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Anyone ever keep African Dwarf Frogs?

Yes, I have, but won't any more. They are simply not very hardy.

Yes, someone will come along and say how they've kept one for 40 years or something, but I'm not the first to question their suitability for captivity.

They're WC, for one, and like most aquatics really aren't cared for at all along the chain of custody (I worked in the aquatics trade in the past). They're susceptible to bacterial infections -- a range of bacteria that cause bloating as the main symptom, as well as mycobacteria which manifests as wasting (and is zoonotic).

They are cute, though, I'll agree.
 
Back
Top