• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    For when you don't want to cook but you don't want to order delivery

    1 skillet, 1 bowl, minimal real cooking time A couple tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet medium heat Chop up 1 onion, put it in the skillet Put in 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables on top of onion 1 qt canned chicken, or frozen cooked chicken from the deep freeze on top of veggies Cook on...
  2. Lucille

    Cookie Fails

    I wanted to make some of those jam thumbprint cookies. But after I had made the dough I decided that I didn't want to go through all the rolling of the little dough balls, chilling, thumbprints, and all that. So I dumped the crumbly dough onto a cookie sheet, dropped spoonfuls of strawberry...
  3. Lucille

    Cake baking

    Even though she lives far away now, my grand baby loves to bake as much as I do.
  4. Lucille

    Merry Christmas !!!

    I hope for each of you a peaceful Christmas Eve and tomorrow a Christmas Day with family and friends and laughter and too much food. :santa:
  5. Lucille

    Cute T shirt

    Was looking at an online store and saw this, I think it is very cute. I can just imagine wearing it at some stuffy stockholder meeting.
  6. Lucille

    Weather

    My neighbor looked at me like I was a nutcase as I was covering the outside plants just now. It is 75, supposed to be near freezing by morning. I don't think he knows what is coming.
  7. Lucille

    Baking Weather

    I just made a pound cake, it's been a good while since I made one of those. I had forgotten how easy and delicious they are. And you don't need a recipe, you just use a pound of everything! But then again, I can never seem to remember how many large eggs in a pound, so: Leave 1 pound of butter...
  8. Lucille

    Buttermilk

    I made old fashioned buttermilk pancakes with blueberries and pecans stirred in. I don't think many modern cooks use buttermilk in cooking but it definitely makes great pancakes. I used store bought buttermilk as I currently have no room for a cow and churn.
  9. Lucille

    Imelda

    Tropical Storm Imelda seems like it is going to be the usual flooding streets for a few days then back to normal. Hopefully it won't stall and just sit here and rain.
  10. Lucille

    Grandma

    Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer. In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded...
  11. Lucille

    Heat wave

    My thoughts go out to those suffering through the current heave wave (and having to budget for August electric bills). It has been very hot here in Texas, but I heard from someone in AZ where they expect temps will reach 111 tomorrow. Be careful. Going outdoors in extreme heat for even a...
  12. Lucille

    FDA

    I no longer have a garden but still occasionally can items, for instance during Thanksgiving I will can sweet potatoes. I am meticulous about washing and peeling so that the resulting canned sweet taters are wholesome and ready for being made into pies or muffins. Apparently some commercial...
  13. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Rich (Webslave)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  14. Lucille

    Texas women

    IF YOU MARRY A Texas woman: The first man married a woman from Vermont. He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning.. It took a couple o...f days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and dishes washed and put away. The second man married a woman from...
  15. Lucille

    Snake

    Snake
  16. Lucille

    Bad Guy Emery Aranda

    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688661 This buyer is attempting to get money from his seller a month after purchase. He claimed to be happy with the animal on receipt but its health seems to have steadily deteriorated. Seldom have I seen a buyer search harder for...
  17. Lucille

    Vanilla ice cream

    Not a recipe, just a review. I don't know whether there are Costco's in other states besides Texas but I love the store. And the store brand (Kirkland) Super Premium vanilla ice cream which I tried for the first time a few days ago is beyond delicious. I bought it for a home made cherry...
  18. Lucille

    Time to stop and give thanks

    Certainly seeing the end of the road promotes taking stock in the more important things in life- family and relationships. Internet squabbles, dust bunnies, great sales on five years worth of tp, and the like all go on the back burner. On the other hand, making certain bad health choices...
  19. Lucille

    Photography

    I have been looking at a lot of snake photos, particularly hognose, lately and there is some breathtaking photos, real works of art. I remember 10-20 years ago people would show snakes in dirty cages and expect others to buy those snakes. Now, for these really beautiful photos, the background...
  20. Lucille

    Bad Guy Chris Davis (Calebroad)

    Most of you know that I have been a member of Fauna for years. Until recently, I have not really spent a lot of time on fb groups, but because of my son's plans to move to another state I decided to try to learn more about fb, as I know that is one of the ways in which we will communicate. On...
Back
Top