• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

FDA

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I no longer have a garden but still occasionally can items, for instance during Thanksgiving I will can sweet potatoes. I am meticulous about washing and peeling so that the resulting canned sweet taters are wholesome and ready for being made into pies or muffins. Apparently some commercial enterprises are not (or don't have to be) quite as compulsive and there are actually FDA permitted levels of contaminants allowed for various foods. Sweet taters are not on the chart but I can just imagine that commercial taters are not 100% pure.
Scroll down at the link for the chart.

https://www.fda.gov/food/ingredient...atory-information/food-defect-levels-handbook
 
Back
Top