• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    Tomorrow

    Go easy on the 4/1 posts tomorrow please. It's hard enough getting used to the real changes around here without having to deal with some April Fool fantasy. :)
  2. Lucille

    Not a rabbit salad

    This salad is not one of those low cal rabbit salads. Triple the recipe and it makes a good covered dish to take to a party. 3 cups chopped romaine 1 cup chopped baked potato no skin 1 cup garlic cheese croutons 2 chopped hard boiled eggs 1 six ounce can sardines in olive oil drained Either 2...
  3. Lucille

    Dinner

    Fast food or home made, what do you eat?
  4. Lucille

    Lyft

    For those of you who use Lyft: Lyft has a $9.99 ride pass out that is good for 28 days, that gives you $5 off each of your next 10 rides. That is definitely a good deal for me, because many of my rides are very short but I always give my driver a decent tip so with the pass I can save but still...
  5. Lucille

    I hate scammers

    Someone stole, forged the name of my credit union and cashed a money order I had mailed. Too many scammers in the world. $ from my beautiful decked out old fashioned Electra bicycle with streamers and everything I sold, and was going to be used to get another bike. So aggravating.
  6. Lucille

    Cold weather

    It's so cold out, I actually saw a gangsta pull his pants up!
  7. Lucille

    Inquiry Probugs

    I saw a recent ad from a vendor selling dead preserved insects from Probugs: Probugs: USDA and FDA approved Fresh Farm Raised insect used in this product through a patented technology from China. This technology sterilizes these insects by removing pathogens that might be carried in the...
  8. Lucille

    Membership fee

    Although the $25 level fee for membership is in my opinion moderate, there are ways for some who visit the site to decrease that cost: Some people here have reptiles for pets, but for anyone who buys and sells reptiles or related equipment or accessories even in a small way, the membership fee...
  9. Lucille

    Forum Game:Write a Story !!!

    Another neat forum game where you can show off your imagination a little is the Story game. Each time you post you can add up to 7 words, and then someone else must post before you can post again. As you can imagine the story line can vary considerably. Some guidelines: Have fun!!! No snark...
  10. Lucille

    Fast hot lunch

    6 cups frozen green beans 8 oz Eckrich skinless sausage Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili sauce Boil green beans 10 minutes, drain in colander thoroughly Cut the sausage into 1/4 inch slices, cook for 5 minutes. Add green beans. Add about 4 ounces of chili sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir every 2...
  11. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Connie

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party: I hope you and Rich have a WONDERFUL day!!!
  12. Lucille

    Get your guesses in before 2/2

    We've had discussions. And in several places all over Fauna in giant typeface is the following: Beginning on 02-02-2019 the BOI will only be available to contributing level members. So you KNOW that the inevitable will happen and on 2/2 all sorts of non contributors are going to check out the...
  13. Lucille

    Pizza

    My Breville pizza maker bit the dust some months ago. I love pizza and some takeout/frozen pizzas are ok but nothing really compares with a fresh handmade pizza with your own sauce and exactly what you want on top. So I am getting a Presto Pizzazz Plus much lighter and smaller than the...
  14. Lucille

    Face Book

    A whole new world.:) For many years I had a minimal presence on facebook. Now because my son is planning to move this summer I am trying to do more on it so I can see more pictures etc. once they move. There are all kinds of groups. I'm still learning about posting and levels of privacy and...
  15. Lucille

    Happy New Year!!!!!!

    I hope each of you has a prosperous and rewarding year ahead, full of friends, family, and happiness. :?party:
  16. Lucille

    Posting in the forums

    I get that traffic in the forums is much less than traffic on the BOI. I get that we all have busy lives and families and jobs and some of you probably have to shovel the driveway today. I get that here, like anywhere, there are little personality conflicts from time to time. But Rich has...
  17. Lucille

    Merry Christmas

    I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas, I hope you will spend it with friends and family, eat too much, and tell timeworn stories of the good old days.:santa:
  18. Lucille

    Sing it, Miley

    Miley Cyrus and 'Santa Baby' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdXgCq_Rlg
  19. Lucille

    Gourmet food prices

    I was making my Costco grocery list and was looking through their site, and saw a ribeye roast 'wagyu' for $1,047.99. I do make gourmet food purchases on occasion, mostly for cheeses or nice chocolate, but I think that price for beef is crazy. And you still have to take it home and cook it.
  20. Lucille

    Carrier deliveries and Amazon's great idea

    Amazon. When things go wrong, it can take quite a bit of time ironing it all out as when a package was shown as delivered to me the other day but I did not receive it. After that incident (I got refunded) I needed a small connector which cost under $5. Now that I no longer drive it would have...
Back
Top