• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Carrier deliveries and Amazon's great idea

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
Amazon. When things go wrong, it can take quite a bit of time ironing it all out as when a package was shown as delivered to me the other day but I did not receive it.
After that incident (I got refunded) I needed a small connector which cost under $5. Now that I no longer drive it would have cost much more than that to go get it at Walmart what with Uber/Lyft costs (and no matter how short the ride I try to always give a generous tip because the drivers generally do a great job). But of course if it ends up not getting delivered, Amazon is no bargain.
I got the part from Amazon in one day, and they had the carrier take a picture of the package in front of my door and included the picture in the list of completed orders.
I think that is a great idea, not only for Amazon but industry wide. There is still of course the possibility of theft after delivery but because of the pressure to get everything delivered in one or two days there is significant amounts of misdelivery, or carriers simply saying something was delivered when it wasn't just to get Amazon off their backs. A picture of the delivered item together with where it was delivered would help stop that from happening.
 
Back
Top