• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    California Fire

    My thoughts and prayers are with those families affected by the huge Kern wildfire.
  2. Lucille

    Florida shooting

    My heart goes out to the families of those (at least 50) shot at a Florida club. Sad times :(
  3. Lucille

    NYT Gecko Article

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/nyregion/lots-to-love-about-a-gecko.html?emc=edit_th_20160403&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=57474085
  4. Lucille

    Food police

    http://www.chron.com/life/healthzone/article/Global-police-net-largest-ever-seizure-of-7222243.php#photo-9731385 I have mixed opinions about food police, mostly because in looking at those 'busted' there seem to be three distinct categories, and the first two don't seem, to me, to warrant...
  5. Lucille

    Outdoor Cooking

    I've had an old 600-700 lb iron grill/smoker for a long time, and have used it to grill for years. I am now rigging up a surface to repair the rusted out bottom of the offset smoker box and am assembling stuff (hickory wood pellets and chunks) and am going to try my hand at smoking foods with...
  6. Lucille

    Freezing

    I saw an ad for this place and LOLed. If any of you Northerners don't feel you got your fill of freezing with last week's blizzard, you can always try this: http://i-cryo.com
  7. Lucille

    Happy Birthday everyone!!!

    I noticed a little while back that there were no birthday announcements. None today, either. I don't think that fewer people are born in January, I have a sneaking suspicion that perhaps the announcements are gone? If so, I want to wish everyone a Happy Birthday on their birthday, whenever it...
  8. Lucille

    Eeeek!

    Spider picture: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/horrifying-video-shows-moment-spider-6748574 Turned out to be a hoax but it is horrifying.
  9. Lucille

    Powerball lottery

    I bought a ticket today. Not much chance of winning, but worth $2 so I can daydream of how to spend a billion dollars :D
  10. Lucille

    First Kindle

    I know, I know, I'm late to the party, but I finally got a Kindle, a Paperwhite. It is amazing!! And there are sites that have tons of free books listed. Just a click, and it is in the Kindle. You just touch the screen to turn the page. Amazing. I've been reading less these days because I...
  11. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Brandi Dickerson (Mistyck)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  12. Lucille

    Quick chicken curry

    I am eating low carb/keto, which has meant finding new recipes that are good but not high in carbs. I have chicken curry for dinner once a week. This is a 'fast' version of a wonderful New York Times chicken curry recipe which I made at Thanksgiving (with turkey) and everyone loved it. If you...
  13. Lucille

    Very odd. No birds.

    For the past 3 or 4 days I haven't seen a bird outside. It's not just that they haven't visited the additional feeders I've put up, it is that I haven't seen ANY birds outside. None in the trees. None flying. I realize some birds fly elsewhere for winter, but here a lot of them stay. My pet...
  14. Lucille

    You and your bearded dragon can eat muffins together :)

    http://www.amazon.com/100-Cricket-Flour-22-lb/dp/B00OMCTODQ
  15. Lucille

    Vivofit

    I'm trying to be more fit, and to help with that I just got a Vivofit. It is very demanding, wanting me to walk all these steps and telling me how far short I've fallen from its expectations if I don't do enough steps to appease it. There are special activity monitors for bicycling, this one...
  16. Lucille

    Insurance companies

    I have a new health insurance company. Sent them a premium, never heard back. Emailed them asking if they got the premium, received an email asking for lots of paperwork, copies of bank statements showing the premium charge, etc. Meanwhile, a few days later, the receipt arrived in the mail...
  17. Lucille

    Another food controversy

    I'm not giving up bacon or sausage. :D Really, I used to listen to this stuff but food and politics are so closely intertwined, that I just don't believe a lot of the 'warnings' put out there supposedly for our benefit...
  18. Lucille

    Vegetable Deco

    http://www.today.com/style/china-people-are-wearing-bean-sprouts-their-heads-latest-style-t49581
  19. Lucille

    Aggravated with Amazon.com

    I'm aggravated with their actions and response. I found a nice Shop-vac in their warehouse which has good deals sometimes. Picked it out, paid for it, Amazon took the funds out of my bank account. A week later they sent a message saying they didn't have it. They did refund me, but to take that...
  20. Lucille

    Other sites

    I don't think I have thanked Rich and the mods lately for the great job they do here. They put in tons of effort- for us, and I am grateful. When I first interacted with others online way before there was a Fauna, it was just print on a screen. AOL sold their services by the hour. The dawn of...
Back
Top