• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Search results

  1. Lucille

    End of the world?

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/06/end-of-world-7-october-ebible-fellowship?CMP=fb_us Maybe I'll skip the housework today...:D
  2. Lucille

    Petco

    No, this is not one of those perennial 'about Petco' threads, and anyway my local Petco is very nice. Just a heads up to those who buy from Petco online, that they are have a promotion with no minimum shipping. Usually one has to buy $50 of stuff from them to get free shipping but not during...
  3. Lucille

    To all those in Florida

    Hopefully everyone will stay safe from Tropical Storm Erika.
  4. Lucille

    Rats and the plague and fleas

    http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-doctors-keep-eye-out-plague-n415781
  5. Lucille

    Robert Walker?

    Have not seen him around, where is he?
  6. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Tyler Ryan (Utta)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  7. Lucille

    Ransomware

    Yesterday I got a ransomware on my computer. Couldn't get out of it, couldn't do anything. It happened when I clicked a link on a FAQ information page about finches. (I bought some zebra finches, they are very cute). I called my son and he told me to reinstall OS X and I did. After, I still...
  8. Lucille

    It's too hot!!

    Supposed to be 100 today. I'm planting some ground cover plants in the front yard this week, I planted some for an hour this morning and watered them, it is already too hot at 10 AM to continue. August in Texas is payback time for the milder weather we have during the winter months, and it is...
  9. Lucille

    Happy Birthday Diana Heideman, SirenSanJose

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :?party::?party::?party:
  10. Lucille

    Pex pipe

    Anyone switch from metal pipe to Pex? Would like to know how it holds up after a few years.
  11. Lucille

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEBSLAVE !!!!

    Happy Birthday, Rich. Hope you have a terrific day!! :?party::?party::?party:
  12. Lucille

    Pulled pork

    I spent the morning replanting a bunch of houseplants and had already defrosted a pork shoulder but didn't feel like cooking. This was very simple and once it gets to the simmer stage does not need any attention.: 3.5 lb pork shoulder 1/2 cup packed down brisket rub Put pork shoulder in pot...
  13. Lucille

    Cell phone speaker

    I ordered a Lukati speaker for my cell phone to help me hear it better when I use it as a GPS. It should be here next week. I can't wait to try it, it is only 1.75" tall and 1.5 inch in diameter. Amazing :)
  14. Lucille

    Sunday morning eggs

    Per person: two links chorizo and 3 eggs Boil chorizo until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Put links on a plate and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Pour liquid from the plate into a nonstick frying pan and scramble eggs until soft. Add sliced chorizo, cook another minute, and serve with steamed...
  15. Lucille

    Check out this 3d tshirt

    I know they've done a lot with tshirts but the bearded dragon shirt is to me really amazing http://clothingmonster.com/en/38-dragons (Although it is funny that it is categorized with mythical dragons)
  16. Lucille

    Happy Mother's Day tomorrow May 10

    Don't forget to do something nice for your Mom!!! :)
  17. Lucille

    Is a descriptive marketing name a deceptive trade practice

    ...when the description is inaccurate part of the time? A large part of the time? If the name of the line is 'blue frogs' should they be blue? How blue? If 95% are not blue, is the name misleading? If you name your bearded dragon line 'velvet reds' would an ordinary 'not in the trade'...
  18. Lucille

    Hillary

    Just say yes :D
  19. Lucille

    Jason Villalba, Texas Dimwit

    http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/04/texas-legislator-drops-bill-that-would-have-made-it-illegal-to-record-cops-as-nation-sees-necessity-to-record-cops/
  20. Lucille

    Planned obsolescence

    Tire pressure monitor systems have a battery that can wear out after 5 years or so. Solution? Replace the battery for fifty cents or whatever a battery costs? Nooooo, of course not, one has to replace the entire sensor, $90 parts/labor per sensor, one in each tire. :angry: It is useful to...
Back
Top