FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 800 GRAM FEMALE BALL PYTHON LAID 4 EGGS
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #39
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
Because it seems that he has found his own little niche here to get attention. He posts about controversial topics that probably never even happened to him to get people worked up.

He makes comments to provoke a desired response, sometimes he gets it and plays the victim card. This might be the one time if you ignore the problem, it may go away.
He's always been a time waster.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=227457

But back to the topic at hand. I'd never consider putting a male with a female of that size. If that's all the bigger she was at at least a couple years of age with some good feeding, I'd either rehome her as a pet only, or she'd be put down for failure to thrive. Preferably the first of course.

Ideally, I want my girls to be at least 1500 grams and two years old before pairing them. I also want them to have a certain body condition "look" that's difficult to describe. Not too fat, but certainly not too thin either with good muscle tone. Just because they might be big enough at 18 months to handle it, doesn't always mean they are mature enough. My personal opinion of course, and the way I view things. But even if they have the age, if they don't have the weight they don't get paired either. Ex: I purchased a proven breeder animal earlier this year that came to me seriously underweight. Though she's several years old, she's going to have a couple years off to bulk up to catch up with her length. It's about her health, more than it's about my desire to produce babies or line my pockets.

Again, one personal opinion in a sea of different opinions.