E-mail notifications.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
DAND
Question E-mail notifications....

Rich, you hitting buttons again?

It seems that I am not receiving e-mail notifications for new posts in threads I have replied to nor the forums I moderate.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
I have/had the same problem. It's in the Feedback forum somewhere.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
I have/had the same problem. It's in the Feedback forum somewhere.
I remember that thread. This is going on two days without receiving any notifications.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
WebSlave
I don't recall making any changes that would affect those notifications. But I will check when I have a moment. There is a checkbox in the actual moderator's permissions section for email notifications, but I have not changed that for anyone here who is still a moderator.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:50 PM   #5
hhmoore
I still get mine, though sometimes there is quite a lapse in time between post and notification (at other times, it happens almost instantly).

Old 06-29-2006, 01:47 AM   #6
WebSlave
Well, I checked and don't see anything wrong. Think it may be a problem at your ISP? Sometimes vBulletin messages are treated as bulk mail by some ISPs. Especially Yahoo. If your ISP went to something like Earthlink uses to block all emails unless I jump through some hoops to verify myself with them, you will never get those emails as I just don't do that when I get those bounce backs from people.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:20 AM   #7
DAND
Angry Murphy must be at it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Well, I checked and don't see anything wrong. Think it may be a problem at your ISP? Sometimes vBulletin messages are treated as bulk mail by some ISPs. Especially Yahoo. If your ISP went to something like Earthlink uses to block all emails unless I jump through some hoops to verify myself with them, you will never get those emails as I just don't do that when I get those bounce backs from people.
Unless they (the ISP) just made a change over the past two days, prior to that I was receiving e-mail notifications using this same ISP (seeing as how I haven't changed providers).

Old 06-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
DAND
Question Odd...

I'm still receiving e-mail notifications from the CS forum. Is it the same set up or different from here?

Old 06-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #9
WebSlave
Well they are both on the same server and should be sharing the same email engine, I guess. The only settings that SHOULD affect your getting those notices are two checkboxes within the moderator permissions screen. I even reset them and saved the record again just to see if that would help. If it doesn't work itself out, I guess maybe deleting your moderator record completely then creating a new one may help.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:15 AM   #10
DAND
Rich,

I'm still not getting any e-mail notifications.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!