Beware of scam using PayPal! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
RyanT
Beware of scam using PayPal!

A few days ago I got an email to upddate my account info with PayPal or my account will be suspended. Everything looked just like PayPal's website does. Everything was normal until it asked for my PIN number to my debit card because it's a new security device and PayPal is the largest online money transfer resource in the world...all that stuff. I thought it was strange but I did it anyway. I'm on the phone right now with my bank because there is $800 worth of charges I didn't make. A company in India, Switzerland and Florida have $800 of my money. That's the only thing I can figure happened. So just letting everyone here know to watch out if you receive this email. I know I only have a PayPal account to buy snakes with and I'm sure alot of you do too. From the information I'm getting, this is going to be alot of fun to resolve. Guess I'm finding out what it's like to be scammed and have your identity stolen. Heads up.