Worst Day EVER!!!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #21
SamanthaJane13
Glad you're okay!!!

Been there-done that-formed the support group.

Not 20 stings, but 1 is enough to send me packin' to the ER. Ditto with some of my food allergies.

I had a wasp get under my glasses once, and stung me about 5 times all over the orbit of my eye and the bridge of my nose.

I was NOT a happy camper.

I can't stress enough that you HAVE TO carry the Epi-Pen.

Hope you're getting over the Epi-jitters and on your way to feeling better.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
SPJ
I carry one at all times, keep one at home and my employer now added 2 at work (one upstairs and one downstairs) in case of emergency.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
WOW! That is scary!
I'd never been stung by a hornet before I moved here. First sting hurt worse than anything I ever imagined. Second time it hurt even more and my whole arm swole up! The neighbors told me it's like you said~ the previous sting made the second time around worse.

It's odd that I should stumble across this just now. I just~ as in just before sitting down here~ just put two of my goats into an area of the yard I suspect there are hornet nests. Mowing or weed eating it would give a nicer, cleaner look much faster than the goats will but I was dreading the idea or the hornets I think are over there! When those two goats are full I'll go ahead and put the other 5 in there too I think!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 AM   #24
Exotic_Domestics
If it wasnt for the operator sending someone to check on you, I highly doubt you would have called 911 again. Be thankful that operator did his/her job, cause now adays alot of people dont do their jobs right.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #25
Melinda
Yikes, snakes all over the place and it's teeny tiny bees that bring you down.

Hope you feel better. I hate the itching that stings cause. Drives me crazy.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #26
DAND
Well Steve, you are not alone with the yellow jacket stings and a trip to the ER. It was shortly after you posted this I too got zapped by only half a dozen of the stinging little bastages and I broke out in hives from head to toe. Both my feet had swollen up to where I couldn't wear socks and the itching was insane!!!!! I too now carry an Epi-pen due to the fact that I got stung and had the reaction I that I did (I never had this reaction with prior stings either) as well as a preventative since I have a number of stinging and biting insects in my collection (which, knock on wood, I have not been bitten or stung by as of yet).

Old 09-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #27
DAND
On a side note, while I was still on the Prednesone I went out and had me a yellow jacket cook out (since the spray didn't work too well with the ground nest). The yard needed the sticks and twigs picked up anyhow so I gathered them and a with the help with some gas and a match the pile eventually became a charred mark on the ground. No more yellow jackets.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #28
Heart4Dragonz
Wow, glad you're both okay Steve and Dave.
I hope I'm not allergic to anything, sounds like a nightmare. I mustive been stung by wasps over 30 times when I was younger. X.X

Old 09-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #29
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart4Dragonz View Post
Wow, glad you're both okay Steve and Dave.
I hope I'm not allergic to anything, sounds like a nightmare. I mustive been stung by wasps over 30 times when I was younger. X.X
The crazy thing is I was stung half a dozen times about this time last year without having any reaction. The only difference was I was stung by yellow jackets this time and Boldfaced Hornets the last time (not a pleasant experience either).

Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #30
deborahbroadus
I've been stung by Bee and Wasps; this is why I now pay someone else to mow my yard.

I'm so glad that everyone is ok!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!