It may be a very interesting season here - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:22 PM   #1
evansnakes
It may be a very interesting season here

This year we may have some really neat stuff pop out but I won't know until it happens. Here is some of our potential offspring: leucistic Texas rats, neon orange bubblegum rats, yellow rats, everglades rats, (now it gets strange) some interesting hybrids of the following: licorice and albino licorice black rats, albino black rats, everglades rats, okeetee cornsnakes and more.

I am hybridizing all of my black ratsnake mutations so that they can be sold openly anywhere in this country without worry concerning local or state laws on native species. These should make for some very interesting second and third generation offspring. So if you are looking for a new project let me know and I will let you know what hatches out. Evan

evansnakes@aol.com
www.evanstahlreptiles.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-10-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
SERPENTOR
Which states were you concerned with?

OH law requires permits for Hybrids (same genus - different species) AND intergrades (same species - different sub-species) involving Black Ratsnakes. If you are shipping Black Ratsnakes into OH, you do not need a permit to sell to someone who lives in the state - although, they - the customer - are required to obtain one w/in 10 days after receiving the animal. If you are in OH selling Black Ratsnakes (hybrids or intergrades), you need a commercial permit to do so.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
evansnakes
I live in michigan where that is a native species. I do business in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Indiana and other states than Ohio that have had the same problems of late and every other state in the region recognizes hybrid animals as exempt from native animal laws and restrictions. I doubt that I will be in Ohio selling animals anytime soon so I am not very concerned about that. I would like someone to explain to me how a black rat albino x okeetee corn would occur in this part of the country. Or say an albino black rat x everglades rat. I don't think those populate this area either.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-11-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
SERPENTOR
Just wanted to clear up the legalities for people from OH

Are there permit requirements for obsoleta in MI? Just curious, I have heard different stories. I'm familiar w/ PA laws even though most PA residents are under the impression that they are not permitted to keep any native animals. This is not the case, they are permitted to keep native species if they can prove that they were legally obtained. I forgot about the IN laws. Are there restrictions in IL also? I was just curious which states you were referring to? I agree that there are too many ridiculous laws concerning animals that are obviously captive-bred and species that are not even considered a threatened species.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:49 AM   #5
AftonFarmRatty
Interesting thread...

It would be interesting to find out just how each state will respond to the keeping of hybrids or mutations of a species like the black ratsnake, when they are otherwise protected. For the sake of discussion, I know black rats are a protected species in Michigan. I know you have to have a permit to keep a normal phase, but I'm not sure about other variations. I would suggest checking with the Michigan DNR, or whatever agency in your state. Ohio is a funny state with their new laws. They might have requirements to keep any kind of snake. Go figure!?

Ratty

Old 03-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #6
evansnakes
My post is a "for sale" post in the "for sale" area of this website. If you feel this "thread" which it is not by the way, is so interesting please take it to a forum that Rich Z. has taken the time to create for just that reason. There is the legal areas, or the discussion areas. MY for sale post is not the appropriate forum for other to voice their concerns or opinions on laws. Evan Stahl
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread