help first time breeder - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
x3dhorrorxshow
help first time breeder

Ok so.I have a female khal strain albino and a male anery 66% het for snow there not breeding age yet but I was wonderring if u guys can walk me throw the steps like wat to do ways a good price to sell wen there born health effect wen the best time to nreed female stuff like that reply plz

Old 09-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
mxracer4life
Once there at breeding age, if or when there bred together, if you get albinos then your male has proven he carries the albino gene, which is good. Once they have "locked up" document it, document every shed, especially the female. On average there going to go 105 AFTER there POS (Post Ovulation Shed). Once the babies are born, I let them hang out with mom for a while, then carefully remove them into a tub set at 92 - 95 on the hot side and 78-82 on the cool side. Once they have shed and there bellies have shrunk in size (yolk absorbed), you can feed them a fuzzie mouse or pinkie rat. Now as far as selling them, there is no way just starting out you are going to truly make money on them, for me, its just a hobby. I sell babies at what the current going rate is, maybe ask a little more or less depending on quality and how fast you need to move them. I pretty much just try to get out of the babies what I have invested that year in other projects, in a sensa, breaking even. I enjoy taking care of the little ones, generally I am not selling them untill there a couple months old or older. Right now I still have babies from April of this year. Hope this info helps.

Jeremy

Old 10-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
rcpreis3
http://webspinners.com/coloherp/cb-n...CommonBoa.html

heres a good site that should help get u started. The rest is just trial and error, and luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!