REPTILES mag article... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #11
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad-one View Post
Britt-Can you just see tanks full of sugar-fattened cresties with MBD if people follow the feeding guidelines??

I can!!

Old 12-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #12
bad-one
Yeah... Although, for me the biggest fear about the baby food part is when the geckos get that and no supplements which leads to MBD

You cram that many adults into one cage and you've got a group of stressed out, and tailess geckos. Likely a lot of bullying would occur as well...

Old 12-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #13
KelliH
Old school way to keep and breed ciliatus. I bred them in the late 90's and into the 2000's and was very successful, and kept mine pretty much as this article states. Staple diet of gut loaded crickets dusted with calcium/vitamin supplement, with peach or apricot baby food given occasionally. Adults singly housed in 16 x 16 x20 cages, paired up in those cages for breeding. I had no problems. Just because you think your way is the best way doesn't mean it is.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #14
porkchop48
Did any one see the article on Axolotls?

After it states not to put them on gravel all of the pictures but one have them on gravel. The "centerfold" axolotl picture is not an axie, it is a tiger salamander. A couple times through out the article they use tiger salamander pics instead of axies pics.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Old school way to keep and breed ciliatus. I bred them in the late 90's and into the 2000's and was very successful, and kept mine pretty much as this article states. Staple diet of gut loaded crickets dusted with calcium/vitamin supplement, with peach or apricot baby food given occasionally. Adults singly housed in 16 x 16 x20 cages, paired up in those cages for breeding. I had no problems. Just because you think your way is the best way doesn't mean it is.
and that goes for "my way" as well of course!
Keep an open mind.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
zzzdanz
I like the article on Western Hermanns tortoises and the pic on the cover is a Marginated Tortoise...ooops

Old 12-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #17
Ameivaboy
I haven't subscribed to Reptiles in years.... I find it to be a publication aimed at children.

One time, many years ago I had wrote in a question to "herpetological queries".
Then 2 years later a friend of mine was published with the main article.
I asked my girlfriend at the time to pick up a copy for me to check it out.
She called me and told me I was in it....

2 years after writing them- with no word or contact at all they publish my question (which I had long since figured out any relevant information).

I thought that it was rather lame. No email saying "hey we picked your question" or any response after I originally wrote it. Anywho, there's my gripe lol

Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #18
Alex G
Wasn't there another reptile-centric magazine trying to start up a few months back? I'd rather support them than Reptiles, a magazine obviously not especially devoted to providing good information about these (sometimes very delicate to care for) animals.

EDIT: Herp Nation is the upstart mag. Anyone know anything about them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!