Is my PayPal broke? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
Focal
Is my PayPal broke?

Is it just me or can you no longer send payments as a gift to avoid the paypal fee?

Normally I wouldn't mind paying it but I don't see the point since paypal has let me get sodomized on every bad transaction I have EVER had.

Maybe I am doing it wrong but I wouldn't doubt the giant misquito changed that policy as soon as they could.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
DAND
I just had someone send me money the other day and it was working then. Maybe there is some updates or something going on.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Normally I wouldn't mind paying it but I don't see the point since paypal has let me get sodomized on every bad transaction I have EVER had.
Just a point - the buyer doesn't pay the fee. It is deducted from the money paid to the seller. Realistically, the fee is minor (approx $30/$1000)...and, for most of us, that's cheaper than having to pay to take credit cards directly (there is still a transaction fee...plus a monthly charge for the service). So, while nickel and diming PayPal might seem like a fine idea, who will get screwed if they change their policies or fees accordingly?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Focal
Nevermind! I guess my head is broke today. It doesn't require a fee when I use my bank account but does when I switch it to my check card. Hmm.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
hhmoore
Sounds like a personal account - I'm pretty sure they can receive (at least a certain number of) cash payments for free.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
Focal
I hear ya Harald. Normally I don't nickel and dime them but this is for a larger amount of money (to me) and having done nothing for me in the past, nor would I request anything from them in this situation, I just couldn't justify paying that fee. But it does make sense if PayPal gets charged from the CC company.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
Khaman
There is a new law that goes into affect soon that caps the fees that can be charged to use your card. This has got banks in a frenzy to find ways to make up that money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!