Counter Productive... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
Counter Productive...

Well... counter productive if your an individual.

Everything is moving towards online and internet usage... but the ISP's constantly want to cap the amount of bandwidth you can use.

AT&T just implimented a cap on their DSL and Broadband home users. To me it just reeks of greed. Everything is going online... so lets hit our customers even harder if they want to spend much time online.

At one point I was hoping AT&T would eventually get DSL out my way so I could drop my cell phone internet connection. Now that will never happen. Me and my cell plan got grandfathered in when Verizon bought out Altell. I have unlimited internet... and I aint changing.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...dband-cnnmoney

Old 05-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Lucille
Didn't you just make a post somewhere else about gettin' off the grid?

Technology. Can't live with it, can't live without it....

Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Southern Wolf
sadly... the more I seem to read the more I want to wean myself from it.

My real vice is amazon.com You can get anything there.. and that's where I get most of my books. I just had a shipment of around 14 books delivered today.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
My real vice is amazon.com
Books aren't vices, they are necessities.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Books aren't vices, they are necessities.
They are when your trying to learn a new skill set. I've got enough reading materials to last me for months. I still have two more shipments on the way.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #6
WebSlave
Until the government gets their hooks firmly set into laws regulating the free and direct access to REAL information on the net, the internet might realistically be the only TRUE source of information available to us. Which likely explains the amount of counter intelligence being thrown at us constantly.

The best way to hide the truth is by surrounding it with lies. The best way to hide a lie is by surrounding it with the truth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!