Some of the questions you get asked - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
SPJ
Some of the questions you get asked

Attached is the photo that the person saw and asked me what color his eyes were.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004-11.jpg (23.6 KB, 136 views)

Old 05-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
kgmax1228
Arrow eye color

maybe they are colorblind

Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
SPJ
Almost forgot about these.

I was asked how far CT was from CA in regards to an item I had listed as pickup only. They wanted to come over to see it but wasn't sure how long a drive it would be from California to Connecticut.

And one from my not too bright brother. Was flying down to Florida for his wedding (whole thing including the honeymoon lasted 28 days but that's a whole other story I want a refund of the cost of the trip and gift ). Anyway, he asks if I would be able to go out when I arrived or if I would have jet lag from the time difference. There is no time difference between Florida and Connecticut.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
akaangela
well the snakes eyes could be blue.... maybe a dark dark blue... or maybe green????

Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Miss Tuniwha
I love when people reply to an ad.. and every question they ask.. is already answered in the ad.

lol

Old 05-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela View Post
well the snakes eyes could be blue.... maybe a dark dark blue... or maybe green????
But it's a photo of an ivory. The ad is for an ivory. Ivories don't have blue or green eyes.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #7
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
I love when people reply to an ad.. and every question they ask.. is already answered in the ad.

lol
That happens a lot. The best ones are "where are you located" (that is written in the ad), or "what sex is it" (that is clearly written in the title and the ad) and "do you take paypal" (that is also in the ad).

Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Wildthings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
But it's a photo of an ivory. The ad is for an ivory. Ivories don't have blue or green eyes.
Not everyone knows what each morph is supposed to look like. I guess they could have looked it up, but it was a simple and innocent question to ask if they don't know the genetics behind the morphology.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
rcarichter
I know you want to be polite to all customers, but don't you want to say "What color do you want them to be?"

Old 05-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #10
LauraB
Quote:
Anyway, he asks if I would be able to go out when I arrived or if I would have jet lag from the time difference. There is no time difference between Florida and Connecticut.
LOL! He was just dizzy from all the wedding activities.

Reminds me of the time I was at one of those 24-hour outdoor concert events. Between shows when we were walking around, some guy approached me and actually asked, "Are those your real eyes?" I told him, "No, I just borrowed them for the day." Duh.

Or the lady who called me from Florida in response to an ad that clearly stated (twice) I would not ship this particular animal out of GA ... but she wanted a quote for shipping to FLA. Duh.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!