Hudson Valley Reptile Expo Poughkeepsie NY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
hhmoore
Nope - for two reasons:
The last attempt at a Poughkeepsie show was a disaster, I'm not taking the time off work and dragging myself out of an extended show hiatus without checking it out.
and
Realistically, I don't have enough animals available to make a decent showing for myself (I could put together a table without too much difficulty - between animals, supplies, educational/informational materials - but I'd rather wait until I have a decent selection of babies to bring.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
tomb9712
Fair enough. From what I got about the previous show in the area they weren't promoted at all, and weren't at a good location either. This is is being promoted a lot there are radio ads, newspaper ads, and live mentions on radio shows as well. The venue is really nice as well. All in all should be a good show.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #13
hhmoore
I'm hoping it IS a good show. (pretty sure this is where the last one was - the last one that I knew of, at least).
The civic center is a great spot, and it's less than two hours from home. It would be a show I was willing to do semiregularly, if it does well.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #14
tomb9712
One week till the show. Hope to see everyone there. Stop by and say hi I'll be with Azo Reptiles/Sunshine Dragons/Simple Animal Tracker.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #15
th3jok3r
hopefully i can grab a couple pythons here and get back into breeding

Old 06-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #16
tomb9712
There will be lots of pythons at the show so I don't see that being a problem at all.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
tomb9712
Had a great show huge turnout. Can't wait for the September show.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!