what do i do?? king snake eggs?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
babyboi26
Arrow what do i do?? king snake eggs??

I came back from a camping trip and was doing my snake cages when i found 3 slugs eggs on top of the bedding and found 2 whole yellowish, hard, and dimpled eggs under the bedding. i left the 2 were they were. these are the first eggs that i have ever found and don't know what to do? i could see veins through the eggs and didn't know if they were still good or not. please any advice.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
scaledverts
Had your female been with a male at all?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
babyboi26
yes i have a male and female together.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
scaledverts
If the eggs are an ivory white color, there is a good chance they are good. However, if the eggs are more yellowish, they are likely not fertilized. If you are not sure, you might as well set them up just in case. A good simple incubation medium is ~50% water and ~50% vermiculite. Basically you want the medium to be damp but not dripping wet. If you do a search here there are a few good threads on how to incubate eggs (it is similar for most species except for incubation temperatures).

Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #5
babyboi26
they are hard as a rock and more to the yellowish side but i can see blue veins in it. Thank you very much for the info!

Old 06-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #6
born2ride#56
Id say set em up you never know! I hatched some king eggs for my first time last yr & was preaty stoked on it! I had only hatched beardie eggs up until the king eggs & the eggs were in horible shape! Hard & dehydrated got them in perlite acouple days after they were laid & they hatched acouple months later & out of 9 eggs 7 babyies hatched. was preaty cool to see something ealse besides a beardie work its way out of an egg!

Old 06-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
babyboi26
kool thank you i will try

Old 06-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
George J. Ward
Yes it may be worth the chance to set them up,but if they are yellow don't be disappointed if they don't hatch.Best and most simplistic way to set up your eggs is with vermiculite.Get shoebox drill some small holes along the sides toward the top of the box,nail hole size,fill box 3/4 with vermiculite then moisten vermic with water until wet not soaked make sure you have the lid to the box,pick up the eggs without rollong them in any way set them straight back down in the vermic the same way you picked them up,stick them 3/4 of the way down in the vermic,cover with the lid,keep @ 82-85 degrees for 54-62 days average and if they are fertile you should have babies! any futher info call(772-240-3456) ask for george

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!