reptile contract with FedEx ?'s - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-29-2004, 01:22 AM   #11
The Reptile House
As far as Jeff at Kingsnake goes sure if you want him to see if he will, dought it, that's jeff. He will never get anymore of my hard earned cash. I am a foster for a rescue for reptiles as well and he pulled my rescue add stated I was adopting out a native to California reptile and that was illegal. He would not accept any of my paperwork I had on that Gopher snake from the people who turned it in or any paperwork stating the rescue was recognized through the Humaine Society and Fish and Game in California. Ok so pull my rescue add but nope he pulled all my paid classified adds as well and said I violated his rules. I have so far herd he has done this to alot of people. So anyway Yes his site gets alot of business but he will no longer get mine.

Shanell Sepulveda

Old 05-29-2004, 01:31 AM   #12
Mickey_TLK
As for getting a permit via ups.

There is no test package that I am aware of. You just need to contact your local sales rep. You have to set up an account, and explain to them you wish to ship live harmless LIZARDS. If the first person says no, tell them to speak up the chain. You will likely need a occasional shippers account, costing approx 11$ a week (less the more you ship). It took me many many tries to accomplish this, but it should work.

As for fex ex caring about residential or not. They likely feel delivering to a residence is more costly then hitting a business, I am sure that has something to do with the decision.

Lastly I will warn everyone, I spoke with my local Fed Ex guy, and the trucks they use are only climate controlled in the drivers cab. One would hope labled live boxes would be placed in with the driver. However if you ship a unlabled box, be prepaired for a disaster. My Fed Ex guy said the back of the truck is consistently above 120 degrees in the summer. He breaks a sweat just opening it to get a box out. Any non labled live will be hauled as frieght, and exposed to the extremes. I personally would not willingly accept non labled packages, too much risk to the animal.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 05-29-2004, 01:40 AM   #13
The Reptile House
Thanks for that info

Thats good to know about that. Although I have had boxes delivered to me stating this end up live harmless reptiles and out comes the driver flipping the box over and tossing it to me. Ya he got an ear full!!!

But then again I had a company reverse the address on my shipment and when I found out I called and explained that they needed to get off the truck if I could go meet the driver, well that was against the rules to do so, so the superviser personally located the truck and went to go get my package and bring it to me so it would not be on the truck till the end of the day for the driver to bring it back

Shanell Sepulveda

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!