portable xray or whatever machines to see eggs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Ball Python Cafe
Talking portable xray or whatever machines to see eggs?

What is the most reasonably priced way to see if the moms have eggs in there? What would you recommend and why?> Thx!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
hhmoore
Most would choose an ultrasound. Why expose eggs (or mom) to the risks of radiation?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Ball Python Cafe
Exactly. TY! Ultrasound was the word I was looking for. Anyone know of a popular reasonably priced unit?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
hhmoore
Depends on what you consider reasonably priced, lol.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Ball Python Cafe
reasonable would probably mean "shows us eggs or not reliably - at the cheapest price" in this case. =)

Old 05-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Shadera
Ebay probably has some for a few thousand. Definitely do your homework on both the machine and the seller before you buy, though.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
hhmoore
I've seen used units as low as $2500; I haven't really been looking recently, but I know that there were some very portable units in the $4-5000 range. Size is an issue here, and there is a big move toward developing more portable machines. There are a number of handheld models on the market now - some comparable in size to smart phones.
It isn't always as easy as finding a decent unit at the right price, though....I just looked up a couple of the handheld units I was aware of, and they still indicate that sale is restricted to licensed medical professionals. (That is somewhat vague...and leaves a lot of possibilities - ie, could a nurse, or other licensed healthcare person, purchase)

Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
hhmoore
Also - when looking, keep in mind that there are two different things sold under the label of ultrasound machines. You want the one that provides imaging (the expensive one).

Oh, and when looking on eBay, select US only...and be aware that you will still get a lot of ads from China (they list the US in shipping, so it slips through). Lots of $900-1200 new units from China, I saw one $3000 used unit in the US.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
on another forum this is being discussed, the two units people are recommending are:
CTS-3300
CTS-5500
from a company called Siui

I would never have use for something like this, so I can't say if they are good but those are the ones I've heard about recently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!