Housing for Ball Pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-12-2004, 02:44 AM   #1
NocturnalWeb
Housing for Ball Pythons

Hoping to get some feedback on housing options for many ball pythons (mainly the type of material used).

I noticed that a lot of people are using melamine but the downside is it is so heavy. Others are using plywood with linoleum.

Is anyone using PVC sheets? I'm not sure how heat tape would work with something like that.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Old 09-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
NEWReptiles
I use HDPE for my racks. It is some what heavy, but not as bad as melamine.

I still would love to use PVC, but you would have to get a plastic welder to make it right. I don't think there is any way to drill/screw PVC without cracking it.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:33 PM   #3
Sand&SunReptile
I buy commercial racks. In my experiance, there are many good ones available, but if you are willing to spend the money to buy one, like some of us have to because of inadequacies in the building department, Natures Spirit, and Casey Hulse are the best way to go. Lowest prices in the biz, and highest quality.
If you can go the PVC way, it is a terrific way to go. I am pretty sure that my rack is that material, or something of the like.
Very light, and extremely durable.
Mike.

Old 09-19-2004, 12:03 AM   #4
NocturnalWeb
Thanks to both of you for the feedback. Carpentry is not my thing so I will probably purchase some racks/cages for my collection.

I was looking at Boaphile Plastics and Animal Plastics but couldn't makeup my mind. I will definitely give the ones you mentioned a look.

Thanks again.

Old 09-19-2004, 12:08 AM   #5
Sand&SunReptile
You should. His prices are great, and his quality is even better.
His website is www.NSreptiles.com or www.NSreptile.com not sure.
He is the best around.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!