Spiders in the crickets? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:14 PM   #1
Nemesis
Question Spiders in the crickets?

Whats up with there being spiders in with my cricket orders? The last time I found one this time I have already found two. Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 08-29-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
jenn_jeffery
Who are you ordering from? I personally never had spiders in mine when I used to order crickets....I would contact the seller and see what they say, and consider changing suppliers.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:11 PM   #3
Nemesis
I got the first batch from herpfood.com and this batch from the reptile show here this weekend.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:22 AM   #4
The Reptile House
It happened to me

lots of wee baby spiders and alot of them with my crickets from reptilefood.com almost with every order, I stoped using them due to that and alot of other reasons as well.

Shanell

Old 09-12-2004, 11:52 PM   #5
MGReptiles
I have had different kinds of insects in my crix orders but never spiders. Man I hate spiders. Id rather wrestle a fear snake blind folded than a spider...lol..
-Matt

Old 09-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
My problem is the spiders move in after the bugs are there. I used to catch black widows in my cricket tubs, and now there's always at least one roach tub with a spider taking up residence.
I guess the 24 hour buffet is just too tempting.

Old 09-13-2004, 02:39 AM   #7
MGReptiles
Clay,
Remind me not to put my hands in you roach colony...I beleive I would have to call in the national guard if I saw a black widow in my crix....I know I know I;m a big woose

Old 09-13-2004, 02:57 AM   #8
Clay Davenport
Widows are actually very interesting spiders. I haven't seen any in a couple of years, but I used to just catch them out of the tubs and keep them in one gallon pickle jars.
I had one for two years. Always enjoyed watching them hunt.
I'm not much for spiders overall, but I found the widows to be pretty neat.

Old 09-13-2004, 03:11 AM   #9
MGReptiles
I just saw my first one the other day while cleaning my rabbit hutches...It was living in some brush beside the cage, I just checked him out and went on my way.....I beleive that the female is the only one that is dangerouns right and then it is just mild envenamations....

Old 10-22-2004, 05:28 PM   #10
timboi
is it okay if the gecko eats a spider ??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!