Have to find a internship ASAP. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:15 PM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptiles 101 View Post
I posted here in hopes of getting to intern with a reptile breeder but that didnt work out, i originally tryed to get into the zoo intern quest at the san diego zoo but was not accepted do to a number of things. My parents do not like the idea of sending me away to intern as i am still a minor till next month. My educational facilitator gave me a site to look at but it wasnt for interns it was just about what interns do and are not supposed to do. I am doing very well working with my dad for now, its only a 8 week class and im installing security and fire alarms and learning how to program them so that one day i can take over the compony when he retires. It is a random post becuase no one at my school would help me find a internship and was desperately looking as i want to graduate this semester, luckily i was able to work for my parents. Hope this clears stuff up
If you ever write a programming manual please let me know. I have a security system that was here when I bought the house, I'd like to know how the system works. There are extreme variations in the competency of security companies around here, and I don't know enough about the subject to gauge what kind of companies they are.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:54 PM   #22
Reptiles 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
What about an equine rescue & sanctuary? There's a bunch near Temecula.
Attachment 823930
That is a good idea but im already in 4 weeks of a mandatory 8 weeks so ill probably stay working with my dad and maybe volunteer later.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #23
CliffsideExotics
Did you ask Dustin yet?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #24
Reptiles 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Ah, okay, that makes more sense. I was just really confused because internships at the college level are rather formal affairs, and I was dismayed you weren't getting more assistance. Being a minor does make things tricky.

If you'd like to work more with wildlife, I would contact the US Fish and Wildlife Service in Carlsbad. I'm still not exactly sure what your career goals are, but the USFWS has a Pathways program that you could get involved in once you get into college. Starting as a volunteer or intern is a great step in the door for a good future job.

You're in a really neat area as far as wildlife jobs go. Lots of wildlife research is conducted all along your coast, especially at Catalina Island and Del Sur Coast up by Monterey. I would definitely give the Monterey Bay Aquarium a call and see what volunteer opportunities they may have in your area (you may be surprised). Same with the USFWS. Sometimes they have projects going on nearby even if their offices are far away.
Ok maybe ill check them out for the future. Goal is to work for hidden eye security and breed reptiles on the side.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #25
Reptiles 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffsideExotics View Post
Did you ask Dustin yet?
No i didnt do to me already being in 4 weeks and only have 4 left

Old 10-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you ever write a programming manual please let me know. I have a security system that was here when I bought the house, I'd like to know how the system works. There are extreme variations in the competency of security companies around here, and I don't know enough about the subject to gauge what kind of companies they are.
I want to thank you for all the work you just now did, you found a site for me (and sent the link via pm) that offers the exact kind of explanations I was seeking.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:04 PM   #27
Reptiles 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I want to thank you for all the work you just now did, you found a site for me (and sent the link via pm) that offers the exact kind of explanations I was seeking.
Your welcome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!