Odd Tremper? at the local petstore - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
iasonn
Odd Tremper? at the local petstore

I didn't get a picture, but they have what appears to be a tremper albino, although there is next to *0* yellow on it. Its sub adult, Id say maybe 4-5 months and its 99% solid pink. The yellow it does have it only on *some* of the bumps on the skin. Pretty Unique, and though I work with LV albinos, I was thinking of picking it up they want $80 for it, but only because its not a baby, eveyone in the tank is $80 and they was pretty run of the mill. Im wondering, could this be a link to a melenistic? If it were normal phase and the pink were black, this would be one seriously black gecko. Anyone have any ideas? Or a picture of some thing similar?

Old 02-06-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
hmmm...

What morph were they selling it as? It sounds intriguing!!!

Old 02-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
iasonn
Marsha:

Nothing specific, just "adult Leos" they are all together in a tank, the albino is very alert and looks good. I searched the 'net for a pick thats the same, but no dice at all.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
Monte
Funny that you mention that . . .

I would like to talk to you about that . . .

Drop me an email at monte.meyer@gmail.com.

Thanks

Old 02-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
iasonn
OK, so I went back down, and I picked up the gecko, there was a bit more yellow then I remembered, but still a pretty darn pink gecko. Hard as heck to get a good picture,but here she is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg odd.jpg (115.2 KB, 98 views)

Old 02-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #6
iasonn
Looks liek a normal phase, bands show up in the picture, but not in person, Im thinking they will go away as she gets older

Old 02-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #7
iasonn
This shows the color a bit better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (93.3 KB, 94 views)

Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #8
Monte
Very nice!!!

You are right - there isn't a lot of banding. That's a very nice looking tremper!!!

Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM   #9
Golden Gate Geckos
Wow!

She's lovely! I probably would have bought her, too. She is nice and pink... not brown. (not that I have anything against 'brown' Trempers...)

Old 02-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #10
iasonn
Shes very friendly too! Im not quite sure what Im going to do, shes the only tremper I have, Im currently working on LVPA carrottails and LV sunglow albinos. I get a bit scattered when I see the fantastic tang Bells Kelli is producing and want to start other projects!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!