new camera - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:19 PM   #1
hhmoore
new camera

just a few test shots with the new camera
(working the learning curve...oh yeah, lol)

Old 06-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
FreakOfNature66
awesome pictures great new camera. I expecially like the first and the last picture! Too cute!

Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
hhmoore
I like the first one, too. Alot. If I had to keep my hand in there much longer, she might have tried for a taste (past due for her feeding - my bad...but she was in a shed when I wanted to feed her). the spider (goliath birdeater) was a little ticked at me...I was hoping to get his fangs in the pic, maybe next time. the last one is Flash, my wife's frog - that was the first picture I took with the camera

Old 06-06-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
Karen Hulvey
Gosh I wonder why you like the pic of the python (boa?), really I wonder. I'm like WOWZER that's a great picture. I'd say that camera is a keeper. I like Flash too. I also have a stuffed frog, his name is Speedy, it says so on his belly!

Thanks for telling me about this, I'd have missed it for sure. I've been Ebaying a little bit too much lately and selling a ton of stuff I don't need.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #5
gatorbabies
The last picture is the BEST!!

: )

Old 06-06-2005, 10:04 PM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
I've been Ebaying a little bit too much lately and selling a ton of stuff I don't need.
Karen,
you mean you not only manage to decide you don't need stuff, but you actually get rid of it too??? Now I'm impressed. Good thing I didn't do that with my reptile stuff. I still had boxes of supplies and equipment, cages, heaters, etc in the basement from about 7-8 years ago. and I didn't think I was gonna get back into this...just couldn't bring myself to toss it, sell it, give it away.
btw, did you see my newest addition? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=69246

Old 06-08-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
dave84
Those are incredible pictures. I recently got a new digital camera it is not what I hoped for, frankly it sucks, its OK for people and such but when it comes to the details in a snakes eyes or the hairs on a spiders legs my camera doesn't stand a chance on its best settings. This just reminds me of the saying "you get what you pay for". Again great photos & nice camera

Old 06-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
DragonCharm
What cam did you end up getting?

Old 06-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #9
hhmoore
those pics were with an Olympus C-5500. I like it, but it is taking a little getting used to - mostly because there is sometimes an extended period between pressing the button and taking the picture, and if the subject moves (or I do) I get a blur or missed shot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!