Need Help A.S.A.P. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-22-2005, 08:18 PM   #31
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
So if I have a clutch of colubrid eggs that are white and I have one that starts to turn yellow, I should pay no particular attention to its placement in relation to the other eggs or otherwise?
And on this?

Old 07-22-2005, 08:55 PM   #32
Sasheena
I don't know what you mean by "in relation to other eggs" ....

Good eggs hatch, bad eggs rot.... good eggs next to rotten bad eggs still hatch.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:21 AM   #33
joesreptilez
Thanks again for all the help. They are on day 27, I'll just keep a close eye on it.

Joe

Old 07-26-2005, 04:21 PM   #34
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheena
I don't know what you mean by "in relation to other eggs" ....

Good eggs hatch, bad eggs rot.... good eggs next to rotten bad eggs still hatch.
I meant physical contact. I myself would use the protocol I previously posted . If an egg started to become noticably yellow or showed other signs of deterioration, I would physically isolate it from the other eggs and monitor it closely for further deterioration.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:25 PM   #35
Sasheena
Last year I had eggs go back that were in clumps, and because I had my eggs in boxes with air holes AND had to put my egg boxes in my less-than-pristine mouse-house during an AC disaster in the house, I got maggots. I carefully removed those two maggoty king eggs from the clutch of 12 eggs.

This year, using airtight boxes, I had two eggs start to go bad in a clump of 16 king eggs. I ended up putting vermiculite over the bad eggs, and now they look like little brown raisins, and the eggs next to them are perfectly fine.

BAsically if it is in a clump, I bury it, if it's not touching or adhered to any other egg and it goes bad, I pitch it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!