RAH! Discontinued plastic tubs for racks! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
Scarlett_Fawn
Angry RAH! Discontinued plastic tubs for racks!

RAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
(Phew, glad I got that out of my system...)

I JUST built a new rack and got it heat taped and thermostated and ready for it's occupants when I decided to go back to Office Max and buy more Iris boxes (they only had 2 when I went there the first time and that was enough to build the rack with.) I got to Office Max AND THEY STILL HAD NONE AND I WAS INFORMED THAT THEY WOULD NOT CARRY THEM EVER AGAIN.

Rahhhh! That was the only place in town that sold that size! Is there some special place online where I can buy discontinued (or perhaps still continued, but just not by merchants in my city) Iris boxes? Or how about Sterilite boxes? I have the same problem with my Sterilite boxes and Office Max too.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:54 AM   #2
Chris_Harper2
Sterilite boxes seem to come and go with the seasons. But unlike the seasons many of them never return.

Contact Eric at reptiletubs.com and see if he has your Iris boxes. Great guy, great company.

Also, check Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens and Things, The Container Store, Organize Everything, and stores like that.

Besides Office Max, I've also found Iris boxes at Office Depot.

Which Iris box is it you're looking for? Is it the CB-70? If you don't know the model number the size of the box will also help.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
Scarlett_Fawn
I'm looking for Irises CB110 and BCB-30... (Oops, looks like my "Sterilite" boxes are actually Irises too...)

I know Clay Davenport has directions for building a rack with these CB110 Iris boxes, so I wonder who his supplier is...

Old 11-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
Chris_Harper2
The CB110 is a difficult to find box, no doubt. I'd at least e-mail Eric at reptiletubs.com

Hopefully he'll be able to ship to Alaska.

Also, Casey from Nature's Spirit discontinued a rack he designed for these boxes due to difficulties in obtaining them. At least that's how I remember the situation.

Hopefully Clay will chime in as well. I've never noticed those specific rack instructions on his sight, I'll have to check that out.

I am not familiar with the BCB-30, although I do see Eric has a BCB-16 on his site. That box is only 18"x11"x7", though. I've never seen that box.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
Clay Davenport
Talk about coming to the party late. I just ran across this thread so I thought I'd go ahead and reply even though it's 8 months after the fact.
I got the Iris tubs for that rack from Reptiletubs.com
From talking to Eric, Iris hasn't changed their tub designs in years and years. This is a big reason to consider those tubs for racks.
I know many of us have racks we built for Rubbermaid or Sterilite tubs 5 or 10 years ago and the tub dimensions have changed slightly so that we can no longer buy replacement tubs at all for those old racks.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
Texas Bob
I built 2 racks and my great wife insisted I go out and purchase all the Sterilite tubs needed + one extra before we moved. When I went into to Walmart I notice the bottom had changed slightly to be more flat with 4 raised portions on the corner. Still fits, but I see where everyone is going with Sterilite changing ever so often and one day BAAM! no replacements. Better purchase in bulk.

Bob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!