Python gives boy early wake-up call - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #11
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
gonna look it right in the eye - nose to nose - stare at it, making a mean look. if nothing happens they'll give it a poke, then a squeeze...maybe even a little shake. If it bites them, it's done for. If it does nothing or tries to get away, it warrants further testing. If it rolls up into a ball - it wants to play, it likes people, and can be adopted into a home with small children
A ball python would never roll up into a ball, how dare you!

Old 09-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
A ball python would never roll up into a ball, how dare you!
he would if he liked people and wanted them to play with him
wouldn't he

Old 09-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #13
DeVackHerps
if they test the snake as they do dogs for feeding. like sticking there hands in there with the rat/mouse as its going for the kill. i wonder what will happen?lol. also a snake with the trauma of it being rolled on and thrown from an arm and then being put in a new home or area. i don't think it will eat in my opinion for alittle. well i hope best for the snake. maybe the families friend that owns reptiles can take it.

Old 09-03-2005, 12:48 AM   #14
DragonCharm
By the way, what's the downside to a free BP in your bed?

Old 09-03-2005, 01:12 AM   #15
Clay Davenport
Speaking of testing snake agression with food, an obviously idiotic idea, reminded me of an article I read quite a few years ago. I have no reference for it now though.
Seems a fellow was keeping a large boa in a small town that didn't particularly like that fact. They were planning on passing a ban on such snakes in town and had a hearing on the subject.
The owner of the boa was required to demonstrate to the committee that his snake was not agressive. The test, devised by the committee, was to present a live rabbit to the snake. If the snake bit the rabbit it would be considered dangerous.
Wonder of wonders, the snake would up ignoring the rabbit. I know none of my boas would have lasted 2 seconds in that situation without taking that rabbit out.

I always kind of figured the owner fed the snake everything he could stuff into it before taking it down, but that's just my guess.
I never could understand what sort of twisted logic is required to actually believe that such a test had any relevance whatsoever toward temperment.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:23 AM   #16
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
By the way, what's the downside to a free BP in your bed?
I have to say...I cannot see a downside to this situation...

Wish it would happen to me a couple times a year!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!