Amelanistic or albino black kings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
SCReptiles
Amelanistic or albino black kings

Does anyone know if there is a strain of amelanistic or albino black kings? Not talking about the Mexican Milks, the black king sub sp that occurs in the TN, GA, AL area. I have been researching them, with no luck. I have found strains of the Eastern King and now have a pair, and I have ordered a pair of the speckled kings, but no luck tracking down any blacks.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
Aaron Mattson
albino Eastern Blacks

There was at one time amel Eastern Black Kings. Here is a quote directly from a 1997 Lloyd Lemke price list:
Eastern Black Kingsnake (L. g. nigra) stock from central Tennessee;most adults are solid black dorsally..................20.00
Albino Eastern Black Kingsnake (L. g. nigra) From same stock as above. Males are olive-yellow and females are bright yellow as adults...........100.00
I did see some of these once at the San Diego IRBA show at Lloyd's booth. I don't remember what year that was though and I have never heard of anybody else selling them.
Lloyd was a very big boa, python and colubrid breeder from California. He died several years ago.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!