Ball Python Rack System Question - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #11
NEWReptiles
Also, all of our racks(excapt the hatchling rack) are now built out of 5/8 HDPE. The plastic holds up alot better and is easier to clean.

We have used mela in the past, but after a couple years the laminate started coming off and the wood expanded from the condensation.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #12
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWReptiles
This new pic setup is a pain in the A55.....

The first pic is our juvi rack,
2nd is young adults/males
3rd is the breeder size
4th is the hatchling rack
Al,

What is that substrate you are using in your young adult and adult racks? I have been using Aspen for years. I have tried countless others, but always come back to the Aspen, even though I am not completely happy with it. Any added info on why you like it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:01 PM   #13
NEWReptiles
We use carefresh in all of our bigger ball bins.

Its very easy to spot clean, shows feces and urates well, holds decent humidity, and does not seem to cause any inpaction issues. We have atleast 1 or 2 animals eat some every month, and we have seen no ill affects after using it for 4 years.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:04 PM   #14
NEWReptiles
Oops, I did forget to add the biggest downfall. If you don't keep the urine/feces cleaned up in a timely fashion this stuff will mold. We check our bins every day and have had no problems.

As long as you take decent care of the animals the mold should not be an issue. We have only seen it a few times after we went away for the weekend and came home to a soiled bin.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #15
shrap
Thanks Al, I appreciate it. I will have to give it a test run. Keeping it clean is not an issue, I am in my racks and enclosures daily.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #16
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Keeping it clean is not an issue, I am in my racks and enclosures daily.
Same here, at times I'm amazed they even breed when my face is in there five times a day.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #17
vinnybocknyg
very nice!! i do have a very small collection though ill think of sumthin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!