Flexwatt (New Idea) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #21
Bill_Leverton
Sorry it took so long to perfect this But ya go......Heres how it goes, build your sides,top and bottom ( the Box)
  • Then lay your grooved tracks
  • Then frame out the rest your floor
  • Then you lay in your floor, Remember to fill staple holes with wood fill and sand before moving on to next step
  • Then Just Place your Glass floor in place Important DO NOT Silicone it yet.....See photo above
  • What I did next was build a Square Frame (2. 1 front 1 back)Place it in secure it 2 sides top and half the bottom.Just the front one at this time... Please don't try to nail through the Glass (it was a long day)
  • Slide out the glass floor it will be tight but it will come out,Turn it on its back and have at it sanding, making sure that you don't leave any dips in the wood frame.
That is the lesson for today Tomorrow will be working on the draw and doors Class dismissed

Old 05-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #22
SIRS
it looks good bill now i see how it is done.it need to be figured in before you start building so i will be doing it next set of enclosures ..what did you use to make them grooves? i hope i dont need to go buy some new tool ...lol...i only owned a hammer before i started building these things now i have a work shop so could i make the grooves with a table saw? or did you use a router? also what size is that enclosure? it looks good ..when i was messing with my stack i came up with something like you did i was basically going to build a framed floor on top of the existing one but since it was already built i didn't want to lose that extra inch so i didint ..but now I'm thinking i should do it i was going to just frame it out again take a piece of tile board that is alittle bigger then the flex attach it to the board and screw the new floor alittle higher then the piece of tile board so it came slide in then i was going to attach another piece of 1x2 so across the floor so the piece with the flex once i slid it in it will rest on the 1x2 well its now 630 am here and you have me thinking so now i have to go mess around again see what i can do ..guess work will have to wait another day ..thanks for the update bill it really helps me seeing and not only reading .

Old 05-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #23
Bill_Leverton
Jim, You can do it either way on a table saw or router or just stack 1/4" ply which ever works for you .. this whole cage was built out a 12' piece of Tongue and Groove (except the birch plywood) the tank is 4' long 2' wide 18" high all are inside dimensions
I use to Salvage houses for a living and I have more Crap to build stuff out of...I have a 48' x 48' 3 floor barn with more glass and wood then Lowes and Home Depot combind...After I'm done with this caging stuff winter of 2009( ) I'm going to build my wife a glass house (green house)

Old 05-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #24
SIRS
nice i might have to take a trip to your house and see what you have there i don't have nearly as much stuff like you .but i seem to find stuff here and try and use it i hate having to go buy something if i can just use what i have .in fact im thinking about making a enclosure out of prefinished oak flooring it would look nice but i think it would be way to heavy thanks again for all the ideas bill . my mind is going now with ideas.so looks like i will be starting another before the other is even finished .at this rate i will be needing to pick up more snakes or buy a bigger house ...take care bill

Old 06-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #25
Bill_Leverton
I Didn't

Forget y'all,the weather here in NY has been "WET" I'll be posting updates by the end of the week ......so far it seems to be working, just cant get my doors to look right (perfectionism is my down fall)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!