help with egggs!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-20-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
lucy101
help with egggs!!!

Hey everyone,
I had an unexpected clutch of cornsnake eggs pop up today. Ive been breeding leopard geckos. Is the incubation the same as the leos? Is perlite just as good for the corns? What about temps? Its it alright if the incubator fluctuates a little bit? Right now my incubators a set up with rancos and they work great for my leos. Thanks everyone, Johnny

Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
snakebiteAZ1
Keep the

eggs around 82-84.. If they fluctuate, i heard it is actually good, and keep the humidity around 100%.. Mine have been stying from 81-85, and have had 100% hatch rate for the last 2 years.. Good luck and keep us informed.. Mike L

Old 06-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #3
lucy101
Awsome,
Thanks for the info. Do you think its the same with the leos? The whole temp thing? Thanks johnny

Old 06-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Leos sex depends on incubation temperatures. Lower temperatures generally yield females, higher temperatures males. A mid-range and average 50/50 mix. Your leo eggs should be incubated in the proper range for your desired sex. But keep in mind higher incubation temperatures if not monitored and controlled properly can cause issues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!