puppys fed to python - must read - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-13-2005, 01:56 PM   #21
kiote9
I believe it is cultural. Our culture considers dogs and cat to now be basically the same as children. Once the family horse held the position of honor, being useful in so many ways as well as being a companion. Our culture still values the horse although we do not have a practical everyday use for them.

Some cultures eat horse, some dog, some cat, some eat goat regularly, there is nothing wrong with this. How many americans go to another country and no not ask what the meat is because they don't want to know....and they eat it. Does that make it right to eat puss or fido? Apparently.

At least one culture thinks ill of us for eating cattle. We think ill of others for eating bugs. Hmmm, there are those who will not eat swine or bottom feeding fish.

Shoot, a lot of americans are even against eating BABY food animals. I love lamb and veal. If I ate it around my mother she would take it away from me and throw it in the garbage. Rabbit, too. She says if it is ugly you can eat it, if it is cute and fuzzy it's not food.

SO, what we feed our snakes is based on what our culture accepts. I have a friend who now wants a snake. A small corn. She said she could not feed it live, though. I explained f/t and that any snake she received from me would eat f/t and she would not have to worry about killing the food or watching it be killed. She's going to come over and watch me feed my snakes to see if she can handle it. What is the difference? If it's already dead it is food. You know, like the cows, chicken, pigs and sheep you see in the grocery store.

Does our culture allow us to feed dead puppies to snakes...no. Do people feed dead cats and dogs to other animals? I believe some people do. You can read bits and pieces of it here and there.

Know what is eating the cats and dogs in my area? Coyotes. People are mowing them down left and right for it. I applaud the fact that the coyotes have cut down on the feral cat and wild dog populations. Yes, people would rather kill the coyotes than take proper care of their precious pets.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #22
cka
As reptile keepers and breeders we all have a responsibility to represent ourselves in the most positive way possible, and the attitude that it is OK to feed a big ol' burm or retic those cute lil kittens or puppies is completely irresponsible and just does more damage to the community as a whole...Whether it is right or wrong is a personal decision, but one persons thoughts or actions can have a damning effect on all of us

Old 09-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #23
backdraft1320
i would need a pretty big freezer j\k
that super big retic in Indowhereever it eats 4to5 dogs a week but in america it's inhumane personally I see nothing wrong with it IF IT WERE LEGAL but all the snake sees is warm and fuzzy

Old 09-30-2005, 07:36 PM   #24
woodage
I'm supprised the snake ate them at all. Some of my mouse eating Ball Pythons won't even eat live rats!!!

Old 10-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #25
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
Petsmart for that reason alone will not carry rodents, because they can be turned into feeders.
PetSmart does sell rodents. They sell rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, and occasionally chinchillas. I think what you meant is that if they find out you plan to use the rodent as food, they won't sell it to you. I've had that happen on occasion.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:32 AM   #26
Snaketails
Too many people seriously misunderstand these beautiful animals! this article simply promotes even more bad feeling to seriously misunderstood animals! this article plays on the snake's natural feeding habits to make the snake look evil, rather than addressing the mental problems of the shelter worker.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!