post office "checking" postal money orders? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:03 AM   #31
PerfectPetPython
thank you for caring guys.

I DID get ahold of the postal inspectors... um, kind of. I was told to wait on the line, but no one picked up after about a half-hour. To make a long story short, I have not heard from them yet.

It's not his fault. It's the post office. They pretty much seized them is what he said. I'm going to try to contact the postal inspectors again. I told the breeder I was a member here and had made a posting about this but did not use his name whatsoever, and will not. I really trust him, he's got a good name and is easy to contact. If I do not ever receive my refund, yes, you can bet that there will be a post about him in the BOI. But I don't think he's a bad guy, and I don't think he's the one behind this.

I really don't want to jump to conclusions here unless I absolutely have to. I want to see the positive in every situation-- sometimes things happen, like this, and we can fix them, and then everything is alright. The breeder is showing initiative to help resolve this problem, and at this point, that's all that matters.

Scott- I thought of that too, and I think you're right... but $1500 of it is actually in my fiance's name, so I don't think I was doing anything illegal if they are from two separate entities.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #32
Cat_72
Anne, did you ever get any resolution to this???

Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 PM   #33
PerfectPetPython
yes, this has been resolved. I ended up getting my money back via the post office.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #34
The BoidSmith
So you never received your snakes and the money was returned to you by the post office? What did the seller have to say about that?

Regards.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #35
PerfectPetPython
I'm sorry I was not very clear in my last post.
I meant to say, that I had contacted the postal inspectors and had the money orders sent back to me. I then went to the post office and asked for a refund. They would not give me a refund, but gave me fresh money orders with my name on them, and I deposited them into my checking account.

I was not given an explanation as to why they were taken, other than the fact that the ink was printed in permanent marker and they were checking to see if they were stolen and written over.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #36
The BoidSmith
What did the breeder have to say of all this? He was probably not a happy camper!

Thanks

Old 06-10-2006, 03:09 AM   #37
PerfectPetPython
He was sent a check, he's fine. I will no longer be using postal money orders.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #38
The BoidSmith
Anne,

If everything is OK with him you probably wouldn't mind posting his information here. Better yet, give him the link to this thread so he can post his version of the whole ordeal. We can all probably learn something about USPS money orders.

Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!