Georgia Reptile Expo November 11-12, 2006 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #11
KrisGarner
Hope to see everybody at the show today.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
KrisGarner
Just got home from the show. It was pretty good, had a decent selection and nice looking, clean animals. I picked up a hook, a ball python and some magazines. Link below for a few pics I took.

GHS Expo Photos

Ball python I got

And one of the magazines

Old 11-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #13
BryonsBoas
I really enjoyed the show today , almost as much as boys did. I really appreciate seeing the vendors using hand sanitizer for folks wanting to hold critters and big THANK YOU to the vendors who let my boys inspect , irritate and handle their animals even tho we weren't buying anything. My boys had a blast and were psyched that the vendors talked to them and answered their questions. For their first herp show the GA Herp Society gave them a great one.

AWESOME JOB GUYS !!!!!

P.S. Kris , don't forget that sweet deal on the boa cages .

Old 11-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
I got stuck working most of both days, but really enjoyed what time I did get to spend at the show. There were some nice animals there and I ended up picking up some snakes and roaches.

Great time! Can't wait for next year!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
KrisGarner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
I really enjoyed the show today , almost as much as boys did. I really appreciate seeing the vendors using hand sanitizer for folks wanting to hold critters and big THANK YOU to the vendors who let my boys inspect , irritate and handle their animals even tho we weren't buying anything. My boys had a blast and were psyched that the vendors talked to them and answered their questions. For their first herp show the GA Herp Society gave them a great one.

AWESOME JOB GUYS !!!!!

P.S. Kris , don't forget that sweet deal on the boa cages .
It was a great small show. I agree with the vendors having the sanitizer on almost every table, it's such a cheap bit of insurance to help stop the transfer of stuff from one table to the next.

Bryon, the cages had completely slipped my mind when I made the original post. I am building a stand for them now and will post some pics in the Cage forum when I get them done.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #16
ZooDoc
Talking 2006 Georgia Reptile Expo Is Over!

The 2006 Georgia Reptile Expo is now over and it was a big success. This was the first year since 1998 that the Georgia Herpetological Society presented a show. A big thank you to our vendors, volunteers, speakers and staff. Without you, the event would not have been great!

Because of the show’s success, we will be able to begin to fund the Georgia Reptile and Amphibian Conservation Fund. For more details about the fund, please check out our website at www.georgiaherpetologicalsociety.org

We had over 2200 happy participants through the door, making this a great start towards next years show.! Thanks for coming out and attending our show.

Every vendor who came out for the show did well and we received a lot of positive feedback to help build for next year.

A personal thanks to Cathy and Danny Elrod of the Repticon Shows team. It was a great pleasure to meet another show team that is professional and ethical. I look forward to helping you guys out at your Atlanta show in January.

The show committee is planning the 2007 Georgia Reptile Expo. Mark your calendars for next November, details will be available in January 2007.

Mark and Stephanie Patterson

Old 11-14-2006, 10:46 PM   #17
Southerncat
Thumbs up

It was our pleasure, we had a great time! We handed out a good many fliers for our January show, met some new friends, spent some time with old friends, got a awesome pair of Giant Day Geckos (from Mark and Stephanie), Adult female Crested Gecko for Jason as a Christmas Gift (from Bright Albino), Pair of Russian Torts ( from Full Spectrum),3000 crickets,500 waxworms and 150 phoenix worms (from Armstrong), GA Herp Society TShirts, Bumper stickers.
Other than the god awefull traffic, it was a great trip all around.

We look forward to seeing you all in January!

Cathy Elrod

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!