Medical Problems?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
lil_tott18
Medical Problems?!

i bought a baby savannah monitor in late october. since then she has grown, thickened, and become very healthy looking. she eats non stop, and her appitite is anything but the problem. lately her nails and the tips of her toes have been going limp and falling off. i dont think it is a shedding problem. i check her toes for old dead skin. this is my first savannah monitor, i have had leopard geckos before, though nothing this big. shes not quite tame. and she gets very angry at me sometimes. she has only bit me twice before though.
right now she is about 10 inches and in a 20 gallon long tank eatiing pickys, fuzzies, crickets, and mealies.

if anyone knows whats wrong with her, or if anyone has any tips for me. ill post pictures of her soon.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Digby Rigby
Lack of humidity

Sounds like lack of humidity due to improper caging also do you let it walk on carpet? Without detailed husbandry and cage conditons only incomplete answers and suppositin can be provided.

Digby Rigby balboa28279@mypacks.net

Old 01-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
p2daj21
I had the same problem with my first savie, although i found no cause for the problem. Just letting you know your not alone.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #4
lil_tott18
thanks. i have made some changes to the tank. i have made the substrate deeper, and i have covered the mess lid about half way across to lock in humidity.
shes loking better since i have donw that. shes being a right b**** lately since ive done that though. but i think thats just her being a young savy. she dosent go on carpet. i cant barely trust her just to walk around my bed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!