Do you care? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 AM   #11
WebSlave
I don't even watch TV at all. Once in a blue moon the wife and I will just skim through the channels and laugh at the crap being offered on the boob tube. Quite honestly, I just refuse to sit through the barrage of commercials.

But anyway, in the checkout line at the grocery store, thats mostly what you see in the rumor rags. That and the Brad, Angelina, Jennifer BS.... I'm sorry, but I just cannot understand the kind of personality that such things as those would be all that interesting to them. I mean magazines about people whose career is to pretend to be someone else that IS interesting enough to pay to see the movie about? Gimme a break... Heck, most of the latest movies I have bought weren't worth the cost of the plastic wrapper they came in..... So they can't even ACT like someone interesting lately.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #12
Cat_72
Heh, I noticed last night on MSN the main headline was something about who the father of the baby was, and then there was a poll asking if enough was enough about the whole Anna thing.....68% of sixty-some odd thousand voters said that that they were tried of seeing it and wish it would all go away. I looked now, and of course can't find it..but it was there. Honest.

I watch very little TV myself, so it's twice as annoying when I do actually sit down to watch it and that's all I see.....leave the poor baby alone and let her have a normal life....that's the only part of it I would have any interest in.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #13
sschind
I'm sick of it. I used to be able to go to a website called Faunaclassifieds.com to get away from it all and now it's even oozed onto there.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
ravensgait
We don't watch much TV around here, the movie channels HBO, Showtime Etc we watch and yeah like most everyone else we watch House lol.. Randy

Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #15
fuscusking13
I also watch next to nothing for TV. I dont have cable or even an antenna or anything. I have a collection of DVD's and after dinner if I have time to relax I will put in a movie. Cable around here is somewhere in the $50 to $60 a month range, and I dont watch TV, so there is no point to waste the money. As far as being sick of the Anna Nicole thing, since I truthfully stay pretty removed from the media world(not always the best move, but the choice I make) so I havent seen much on it, although at the local Tavern there is always one or two tvs on news channels and I have seen some stuff about it that way. Have a great week, Dan M.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Perhaps it's not as nefarious as that Rich. Consider that maybe it's just that crap sells newspapers because that's what people care about.

I'd wager that more Americans can name the two main contenders for this than can name the last two Vice Presidents prior to Cheney.
Shortly after Bubba's inaguration, I did know a woman who firmly believed that George Clinton had been elected president. It probably wouldn't have been so bad... the Parliament Funkadelic could have been given cabinet positions... Getting up to get down as foreign policy... quality stuff.

News sources have been about making money as long as Iany of us have been alive... but they used to have the decency to at least pretend there was something worthwhile and noble about journalism.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #17
CurtisF
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
But anyway, in the checkout line at the grocery store, thats mostly what you see in the rumor rags. That and the Brad, Angelina, Jennifer BS.... I'm sorry, but I just cannot understand the kind of personality that such things as those would be all that interesting to them. I mean magazines about people whose career is to pretend to be someone else that IS interesting enough to pay to see the movie about? Gimme a break... Heck, most of the latest movies I have bought weren't worth the cost of the plastic wrapper they came in..... So they can't even ACT like someone interesting lately.
Hahahaha, that reminds me of a game I play. Sometimes I'll read all the headlines..Just the headlines on those dirt magazines and report back to whomever to tell them what I read. You get some funny results

Fact of the matter, though, is drama and dirt sell. Though I think you never tend to meet these people and they openly say it, many, many more DO watch/read it. Some people are just attracted to drama like moths to a light.

I get the feeling the world is high school, on a massive scale.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #18
romad119
Even waiting for a flight out of Afghanistan, where we have to show up 3-4 hours prior, we were subjected to this. They played an ET special that was 2 Hrs. long, twice. And as a member of a captive audience I learned way too much on the whole matter, way too much.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #19
IloveSnakes1234
I kind of felt like she got more attention than Steve Irwin(R.I.P) when he died. All she ever did is be a stripper and be REALLY stupid... I hate her. I never cared about celebs. I don't care about who they got married to and how they got into fights, I care about good movies and songs!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!