Why moving sucks! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
frankykeno
Why moving sucks!

Moving sucks when the guys that promise to help your husband don't show up...even though they promised...even though he just helped one of them move a month or so back! Moving all your crap from point A to point B (6 whole blocks but it may as well been 100 miles, it's just as much work) without any decent amount of strong backs is NOT FUN! I hurt in places I didn't even know I had and have a terrible urge to go smack a few folks. I just wish if people promised to help they would or if they couldn't help, then just say so! The only nice way to move is to pay somebody to do it for you but who can afford that.

Oh well rant over, I'll eventually find the coffee pot and my shoes *sigh*

On the upside you sure know you are a herper when the first room that gets set up is the snakes and rodents!

If the cable tv guy doesn't show up on Tuesday....I may just lose it completely.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
Bill & Amy
Sorry to hear people didn't show up Jo. If you paid someone else to move your stuff, then things would've come up missing. After several moves in the military I found the best way to do it, was to do it yourself. The first time we had movers they stole some of my ex-wifes jewelry, it's real fun trying to prove it was stolen.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
Cat_72
It's funny how folks disappear when they hear the words "moving" and "help" in the same sentence, isn't it??

There isn't much that doesn't suck about moving, but I actually enjoy getting most of the stuff set up and put away once everything has gotten from point A to point B. I'd say you can live without shoes, but you better find that coffee pot quick, lol.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
romad119
In our unit, "Who has a truck?" is a very loaded question.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
In our unit, "Who has a truck?" is a very loaded question.
AHAHAHA aw man... yeah.... i KNOW that feeling!

Moving SUCKS. and then you wonder where you GOT all that CRAP!?
most of it just gets tossed if i can help it, i can always buy more "stuff"

Old 05-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
frankykeno
Okay folks you can all stand down, the Code Red has been lifted, coffee pot located and operational! *slurp, slurp, happy sigh, slurp*

I actually do enjoy the putting away and setting up part Cathy. I just have a bit of a "touchy" back so I'm not supposed to be hauling heavy things but there just wasn't much choice with this move. It was either dig in and help or we'd never have gotten it done. We're at the point today of picking our way down the paths between mountains of boxes and bags but it'll get all sorted out eventually.

The snakes and rats, however, seem to love their new huge room. When I get too nuts about the mess I can just slip in that nicely setup room and enjoy it to my overly-organized heart's delight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!