AP CB70 Econo Rack? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
AP CB70 Econo Rack?

Does anyone have one of these and have pictures?

Or because I'm sooooooooooo OCD over the silliest things, has anyone had them build a Sterilite 1960?

I want to get a larger bin size for my monster females, and am trying to decide if this is the size I want and where I'm going to put it.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
hhmoore
Steph - I've got a couple of AP1960(10)s, and a 1960(10)EV which is the economy style.
The EV does have a little sway to it, but that's because it is so tall. If it isn't out in the middle of everything, and being moved/leaned on regularly, it isn't noticeable (mine was for a while). I'm really happy with that size - the standard rack still holds heat & maintains temp well with the heat cable for belly heat, but I they also offer it with the dual side radiant heat. I think they use 4" flexwatt standard on the EV, but I opted for the cable (I'm using it for colubrids, so I didn't need to maintain consistent warm temps).
Ali is great to work with, and will help you out with any questions.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The EV does have a little sway to it, but that's because it is so tall. If it isn't out in the middle of everything, and being moved/leaned on regularly, it isn't noticeable (mine was for a while). I'm really happy with that size - the standard rack still holds heat & maintains temp well with the heat cable for belly heat, but I they also offer it with the dual side radiant heat. I think they use 4" flexwatt standard on the EV, but I opted for the cable (I'm using it for colubrids, so I didn't need to maintain consistent warm temps).
How tall is it and what is the floor space it takes up? My 1756(10)EV is around 6' and that's as tall as I can go (I'm only 5' 3" ), I've never noticed any sway. Do you remember the cost (and shipping) of your 1960(10)EV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Ali is great to work with, and will help you out with any questions.
Don't disagree there! I have 3 AP racks (I choose to use FlexWatt), none of which are the standard heights and she was extremely patient while I asked tons of questions and asked for a specific heights to fit in my room. Only issue is, they seem to never have any pictures, which is what I was after before I e-mailed Ali to bug her AGAIN.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
hhmoore
The 1960(10), on castors, is approx 1 41qt tub SHORTER than the 1756(10)
Do you need specific dimensions? I can tell you, offhand, that it is the same width as the 1756, and approx a foot deeper (actually, just under).
The sway is not all that significant - keep in mind that I said mine was right in the middle of everything and I was moving it or leaning on it regularly. Now that it is in a more permanent spot, I don't even notice it.

Can't help you with the cost, or shipping though. I purchased mine with several other racks which were delivered freight. I think the rack itself was $400.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!