Poll - If you could herp in another country... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: Money is no object - where would be your first choice to herp?
Australia 16 37.21%
Belize 0 0%
Brazil 4 9.30%
Central America 3 6.98%
Ecuador 1 2.33%
Gabon 0 0%
Indonesia 3 6.98%
Madagascar 4 9.30%
Mexico 2 4.65%
New Guinea 0 0%
Peru 0 0%
Suriname 0 0%
Thailand 2 4.65%
United States 0 0%
Other - please share where and why! 8 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
sschind
Wow, this is a tough one. So many things come to mind. Australia for the moloch and blue tongues, not to mention all the cool geckos. Any tropical rainforest for the frogs. Madagascar for the chameleons, Mantellas and Uroplatus. South Africa for the geckos. South and Central America for the darts. The Appalachian states for the salamanders. If you forced me to pick I don't think I would be disappointed with any of them. I have always said I wanted to visit Australia so I would probably choose there but I don't think I could go wrong with any of them.

What really intrigues me is the "money is no object" part. Is it no object because I suddenly won the lottery and I can afford to go wherever I want or is it no object because someone has generously decided to take me along on an expedition? If its the lottery then who cares, I'll go to them all. After all I can afford it. If I am simply benefiting from someone else's generosity then what the heck, I'll go to the most expensive one because he must have the money and can afford it. Besides, then it won't cost me as much money if I do decide to pay for a trip of my own.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
John E Dove
I'd like to do Afghanistan or Iran. that region has been basically closed off to the western herpetological community for long enough there has to be amazing animals there for collection for study.
I know a great deal was done there in the past but to actually be able to work with true normals of some of the species you could come across would be mind boggling.
Of course I am one of those weirdos who still feels that the wild types are the most beautiful.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:21 AM   #13
WJS Herps
Hey John, if you're a weirdo then I am too. All I have are wild types right now!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:23 AM   #14
WJS Herps
Hey Steve -

Let's just say for the sake of argument that the situation is someone says "I'll send you to one place you want to herp and I foot the bill."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!