Its veterans day! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
boanation
Its veterans day!

Thanks to the vets everyone here can do what they do today. If you don't support the vets then you can fall of the face of the earth as far as I am concerned. Could all of you liberals move to another counrty that you will be proud of?

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of America has blood on their hands fighting to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his very existence?

They've never contributed a thing to the
country they love to criticize!

I think I will let Avenged Sevenfold do the talking here. The lyrics are below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btgCaEtRSpY

Shhh, be quiet; you might piss somebody off
Like ME motherfucker you've been at it for too long
While you feed off others' insecurities
You stand in front of me and bite the hand that feeds

Self-righteousness is wearing thin
(Lies inside your head, your best friend)
Heart bleeds but not for fellow men
(Broken glass, your fake reflection)

I've had enough
It's time for something real
I don't respect the words you're speaking
Gone too far
A clone

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid
in the heart of America has blood on their hands
fighting to defend your rights
so you can maintain a lifestyle
that insults his very existence?
Well, where I'm from we have a special
salute that we aim high in the air
towards all those pompous assholes
who spend their days pointing fingers
(Fuck You)

Shhh… be quiet you might piss somebody off
Like the heartbeat of this country when antagonized too long
I'll be damned if you count me in as part of your generous hypocrisy
collecting enemies

Tabloid gossip queen worthless man
(There's no need for us to bury you)
Selfish agenda once again
(Right this way you've dug your own grave)

I've had enough
Gone too far
A clone

All the way from the east to the west we
got this high society
looking down on their very foundation
constantly reminding us that our actions
are the cause of all their problems.
Pointing their fingers in every
direction and blaming their
own nation for who wins the elections
They've never contributed a fucking thing to the
country they love to criticize

Excuse the obscene, ignore the untrue
Depictions we see try and get through
Admitting mistakes can hurt
I'm not the last but I sure ain't the first

Shhh… be quiet you might piss somebody off

Self-righteousness is wearing thin
(Lies inside your head your best friend)
Heart bleeds but not for fellow men
(Broken glass your fake reflection)

I've had enough
Gone too far
A clone

Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
KelliH
I consider myself somewhat liberal and did vote for Bill Clinton twice and also voted for Obama this last election. I support our troops 100% and actually feel we need more troops in Afghanistan than there are plans to send. Just because someone is a democrat and/or a liberal does not mean they do not support the troops or the war effort.

By the way, thank you for your service to our country.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
MikeCurtin
I thank you, as well.

It is only when we, as a people, start holding our government responsible for abusing the power that we lend to them, that we will have substantial "change".

I know many democrats that support the military, yet we watch our politicians on both sides of the aisle use them as political pawns. Why do you think our president waited until right after election day to commit the additional troops that were requested back in August and September? He didn't want it to hurt those in his party that were up for re-election.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
I thank you, as well.

It is only when we, as a people, start holding our government responsible for abusing the power that we lend to them, that we will have substantial "change".

I know many democrats that support the military, yet we watch our politicians on both sides of the aisle use them as political pawns. Why do you think our president waited until right after election day to commit the additional troops that were requested back in August and September? He didn't want it to hurt those in his party that were up for re-election.
Excellent post! It's all politicians that are the problems!

Old 11-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Excellent post! It's all politicians that are the problems!
Yep! Time to get active, folks!!! If we see politicians pushing their own agendas with little respect to the will of the people...*cough* Obama care *cough*... we need to make it our mission to hold them accountable.

The massacre at Fort Hood was preventable on more levels than most people recognize. Had the federal government not decided that our highly trained military personnel did not have the right to carry their service weapons on base, that scumbag would have shot far fewer people.

We owe our military better than this! We send them to the front lines, but back home, we deny them the basic human right of self defense! Backwards...just backwards! Stand up and tell your congressman to support our military men and women with actions...not words.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
boanation
We have a member here who is stationed there (Fort Hood). SakaraGT I believe is her name. Everyone PM her a special thanks for her service please!

Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
SamanthaJane13
I am just a name On a piece of paper Next to my stiff unsmiling face in Marine blues. I am just a number Now one of many, On a piece of paper. No doubt you grimaced And offered up a prayer As the numbers grow and grow. I once was a person Warm, loving, and loved Who chose the Hard Path Who walked with “bearing” Who dreamed of my life ahead And laughed at my life behind. Think of me as you enjoy the day And your freedom blessed Me and my brothers and sisters. Now I am not just a name On a piece of paper My name is now enshrined in stone For you. John Dyer, Father LCpl Chris Dyer USMC KIA Iraq

Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
SamanthaJane13
THE VETERANS AT THE WALL Douglas P. Hastings SGM, USA, (Ret) August 20, 2002 How long I stood I do not know, just outside the line of trees. I listened as the autumn wind, blew gently through the leaves. Somewhere I felt a yearning to get closer to the stone, But I stood in place afraid to move, I could not go there alone. I walked over to a statue, honoring women of the corps. I knew that they had volunteered, and could not have given more. They served beside the fighting man, with steadfast dedication. Many paid the price of life, and brought honor to this nation. My thoughts were interrupted, when I heard an old friend call, And I knew that I could not resist getting closer to that wall. I looked down to see a wrinkled hand, as it gently touched my arm, And a man said “Walk with me my friend for that wall can do no harm”. As we walked along he called out names I am sure he thought I knew, And I saw he wore a uniform of faded Air Force Blue. He talked of battles won and lost, of heroic deeds unknown. He told me not to fear that wall, for I was not alone. He talked about the medals won, as they fought for what was right, And his bearing was beyond compare, standing tall in Navy white. He told me of their sacrifice, and I was moved by every story- la Drang, An Khe, Dak To, Khe San, how each man had fought with glory, Then I stopped in awesome wonder, at this solid marble scene, And I turned and there beside me stood a battle worn Marine. He gently nudged me forward, and he pointed to the wall, He said, “Your friends are waiting here, and they will answer if you call. As I stopped to read I gasped in shock, and I said this cannot be, For the man who walked me to this wall, was there staring back at me. I blinked and whispered to my self, this has to be a dream, Saluting proudly with a smile, stood a soldier in Army green. I turned and saw a family, then a father and his son. I looked all around but he was not there, they were the only ones. So I asked if they would help me find this kind old veteran- He walked down this path beside me-help me find him if you can. They looked at me in wonder, and then the family walked away. The father smiled and then he said, “Sir, I’m not sure what to say, For we saw you walk up to this wall, and I swear that this is true, You came to this place alone my friend-there was no one but you.” I turned back to hear that soldier speak, and I heard him softly say, “My friends and I-we thank you sir, for coming here today, Tell the folks we're here with God, and we are not alone, We guard the gates of heaven now, for we have all come home,” So I raised my hand in proud salute, and I turned and walked away, And if I should live forever, I shall not forget that day, Or a solemn black memorial, on the far end of the mall, And the day that I was welcomed home, by the Veterans at the Wall.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
SamanthaJane13
Prayer wheel for our soldiers- "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen."

Old 11-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
R. Eventide
Hear, hear!

And no, it's not a liberal or conservative thing. People in both camps have a wide variety of opinions on war and our armed forces.

What we need to do is shake the apathy of our country. If politicians are abusing their power, we need to make it a point not to re-elect them, whether it be the President, governor, or town mayor. If we keep voting for new people, maybe they'll start to realize they need to listen to us if they want to stay in office.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!