About the BOI and it's future here... - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #151
dreck37
I for one will be glad when the boi are gone since they arent watched enough I can now understand why people will sue you for allowing the boi bashing
Im sure if the boi's are kept the lawsuit's will come alot faster since it doesnt cost much to fill a lawsuit, But it does cost alot for a Lawyer you will be losing your behind.
Take some time and let the Boi's go for awhile and maybe the bashers will get the message
Steve Hodge
newly bashed by a pro boi basher

Old 11-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #152
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreck37 View Post
I for one will be glad when the boi are gone since they arent watched enough I can now understand why people will sue you for allowing the boi bashing
Im sure if the boi's are kept the lawsuit's will come alot faster since it doesnt cost much to fill a lawsuit, But it does cost alot for a Lawyer you will be losing your behind.
Take some time and let the Boi's go for awhile and maybe the bashers will get the message
Steve Hodge
Can you say disgruntled? Must go see what has caused this. BTW, I have yet to see an innocent person "bashed" but just about every guilty one calls it being "bashed".

Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #153
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstinala View Post
Although, I've never become a contributing member of this board, I will gladly do so to see it stay alive. But, in all honesty, I can't justify spending the $100 to be contributor for something that may only be around for another 5-6weeks.
Lydia Cost
Lydia,
The choice of whether to contribute is yours...I just want to correct this statement so you don't give others the wrong idea. The contributor level membership is $25. Yes, there are higher level memberships that offer other features/perks, but the $25 level is certainly affordable to most people that utilize (and benefit from) the BOI.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #154
hhmoore
Quote:
Steve Hodge
So somebody makes a comment about you, related to your involvement in a thread, and suddenly you want the BOI gone? I haven't gone back to that thread to check the most recent developments; but the nature of the BOI leads to people digging for things, and sometimes pushing some buttons. Most often, posts that violate the rules are addressed via the warning + infraction system, not publicly...and, speaking for myself, I sometimes delay my action to try to get a picture of where things are going. If it ends up just being a bunch of bickering, I'll get back to it.
A lot of people don't like the way things work on the BOI...and they take the simplest course of action - they don't get involved in the threads. They just utilize the forum to check people before entering into a transaction.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #155
WebSlave
Quote:
Steve Hodge
Perhaps....

Or I could just take it to court, win it, then file a countersuit based on the lack of merit of that original lawsuit, and put the money awarded me for the damages inflicted by that lawsuit to very good use. I am extremely confident that I would win such a lawsuit, so perhaps this may be the best route for me to consider taking in such a case. Might cost me some money up front, but yeah, I'll get it back, with interest, in the end.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #156
dreck37
Then by all means keep the Boi's around if you can make money that way. Then you wont have to worry about members donations and the Boi's can pay for themselves
I guess we only have to wait just over a month to see where the Boi's are

Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #157
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1153 View Post
So, are there any updates/news regarding this matter?
I just took a look at the paid membership statistics. According to those stats there are nearly three times the number of members who have decided to NOT renew then the number of current paid memberships.

I dunno, how should I interpret that sort of information?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #158
WebSlave
Quote:
Then by all means keep the Boi's around if you can make money that way. Then you wont have to worry about members donations and the Boi's can pay for themselves
I guess we only have to wait just over a month to see where the Boi's are
Well, I just read the thread you are involved in to see why you have your panties all bunched up in a wad. -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...155390&page=16

Looks to me that YOU are the problem in that thread, fella. And you want to blame the BOI for how YOU are acting? You started attacking the OP in that thread and then when someone called you down about it, then you turned your ire towards other folks.

I really need to put a notice on the BOI warning people that if they act like a jackass, they will very likely be treated like one in there.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #159
KelliH
I hope the BOI is around for many more years to come.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #160
Willow
i would hate to see the BOI go...i think even with the flaws it may have in some situations...it is a very useful tool and alot more people would get screwed over without it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!