QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #151
snakechaarmer
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirengarg View Post
What other snake(s) are on your wishlist?
1. Eastern Indigo
2. Axanthic Clown Ball Python
3. Axanthic Pied Ball Python
4. Silver-Phase Anerythristic B.c. longicauda (From Germany)
5. Ghost Western Hognose
6. Red-Headed Krait (never happening, but this IS a wish list )

Old 09-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #152
SpartaDog
1. What type of snake(s) do you own?
Ball python, Texas rat snake

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?
Ball python - first serious snake, easily handlable but still a decent size, BEAUTIFUL
Texas rat - A leuci animal? At $35? Yes please.

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?
(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)

4. How tall are you?
4'11"....Sad, I know.

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age?
Kinda-sorta-not really. Somewhat my age, considering my parents still have to okay everything.

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?
Yep, never ever ever wanna keep hots. But give me a 25 ft retic no problem.

7. What is your age group?
15-25 (16, specifically)

Old 09-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #153
SamanthaJane13

Corns

My daughter's wanted a corn forever...or a SIGB.

My daughter has my help.

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)

4. How tall are you?

I'm 5-3, she's 5 feet.

Yes-that, and the fact that I won't do constrictors anymore after a near-accident with one of my RTBs back in the 80's-before they had really secure tank lids/enclosures.

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?

Yes-and the safety of my other animals. Plus my landlord/management company would have a cow.

15-25 & 41-50

Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 AM   #154
Sushi Dragons
Ball Pythons and Corn Snakes

Originally, I was interested in the genetics so I got a bloodred male corn that was het for about 3 other things. Then I fell in love with a ball python at a reptile show. Now I am addicted to balls! They are so calm and slow and docile that I can "wear" them around the house. I just love the look of them and how soft they are... so much ambiguity when talking about balls.

No... my husband hates snakes. I think he is scared of them, but he is too "manly" to admit that they make him nervous. All the animal husbandry in this house is my domain. I just naturally feed and clean up after everyone.

4. How tall are you?
5' 4"

Not really. I like the medium snakes because they are easy to care for and handle but not so tiny that they just disappear and not so huge that I would worry for my cat's life should it escape.

Somewhat, yes. I will never own anything that is capable of causing serious harm to myself or my other animals. So no venomous snakes and no massive pythons.

What is your age group?
26-40

Old 10-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #155
Paige n' James
1. Type of Snake: balls, gophers, and a rosy boa

2. I went to a small reptile gathering in April 2010 and I entered a raffle and "won" a cornsnake. He was very pretty but we didn't know enough about snakes and after he regurgitated a meal my daughter kept feeding him and he died. He was sweet and pretty though.

3. I dont' have any help with the snakes, not really sure why my husband hasn't gotten bitten by the bug... he likes motorcycles and would rather tinker with them.

4. I am 5'5

5. Yes, size is definitely a factor in my choice beacuse I have a 2 year old.

6. I was reading up on a red tailed boa and it said make sure there are two of you in the room while handling it. Freaked me out for sure.

7. I am 41

snakes on my wish list.... all balls - pastel clown, pewter, silver streak, any kind of butter morph

Old 10-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #156
Paige n' James
Sorry forgot to put my name and I think it might be required??
Paige Culler

Old 12-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #157
jameseallenii@gmail.com
i have 2 kingsnake/milksnake hybrids, 2 red corn snakes, and also 2 bearded dragons.

was always interested....but my dad was terrified of them growing up. then i met my husband who is equally interested in reptiles and we got beardie at first then expanded.

absolutely. my husband helps me with them.

4. How tall are you?
5'10"

no. i think my choice of snake has to do with experience level and opportunity. we got the corn snakes first cuz they were smaller snakes and also cheap lol....the king snakes were given to us by someone who could no longer take care of them due to space issues. they are beautiful snakes.

no.....but it does make some people think twice before coming into a room with 4 snakes in it.
i'm 24 and my husband is 29

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??
nothing ruined.....but a few relatives don't visit. lol....that may be a perk.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #158
jameseallenii@gmail.com
read over my post then realized this is in my husbands name lol....this was written in view of the wife lol

Old 01-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #159
hypnoctopus
I know this is an old thread, so I hope no one minds if I revive it.

- Currently 2 corn snakes, with a third on the way.

- I've wanted a snake my whole life, and my fifth grade teacher had two corn snakes which were such a pleasure to hold. On top of that, I've always known I wanted a colorful snake, and corn snakes are always recommended for beginners.

- Nope. I recently got my boyfriend into snakes, and he has one of his own now.

4. How tall are you?
- 5'6"-ish, maybe as tall as 5'7"

- I don't think so. I wouldn't want to own any snake that could get large enough to kill me.

- Definitely not. My largest corn is currently 18.5 inches, so I don't think she makes me feel secure.

- I'm 21.

I've been interested in critters my entire life - bugs, reptiles, amphibians, small mammals, birds, basically anything alive, but I've always had a strong fascination with snakes. I like lizards too, but there's something about the feel of a legless creature being able to grip your hand and slither around that can't be matched by any other creature.

Had my mom not been afraid of snakes, I'm sure I would have gotten my first one as a kid. I did have two red-eared sliders, which were nice enough pets, but I definitely would have preferred a snake.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #160
AGoodwin

Currently just two Ball Pythons, but I plan to branch out at sometime in the near future.

Their easy going temperament and ease of care.

Yes. I currently have one male and one female. The male is "mine" and the female is my husbands so to speak. He feeds her and keeps an eye on her temp and humidity.

4. How tall are you?

5'3''

No, not really.

No. I would have no problem handling a large snake. My main reason for not having one at this point is (1) I don't have room for it and (2) The cost of feeding.

I am 25

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??

No so much ruin, but my mother doesn't understand. She doesn't have a problem with snakes, she just doesn't understand why I would want them. The first thing she said to me when she found out was. "Why do you have a snake?" I told her I liked them and she replied with " well why do you need to have one". LOL. My father is actually deathly afraid of snakes, but being as he is in prison, we dont really need to worry about that.

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass.

No, but my mother has already promised me that if anything happens she will ensure to take care of and find all my "loved things" good homes. I know she would keep my dog though. Even after a year she keeps trying to get me to give her to her, lol.

10. Why do you keep the species you work with? What are your goals with them?

I currently have Ball Pythons because they are a good beginner species. After getting my first one, I got to looking around more and learned of all the beautiful morphs available, and I am looking forward to breeding in the future. My female is a 6 month old Spider. I know it will be about 2-3 years before she will be able to breed, but I am already looking into getting her future mates. Right now the top of my list is a lesser so I can make some lesser bees.

11. How do you break the news to future b/fs?

I dont need to, I am married.

12. How do your friends view your hobby / deal with your obsession?

I dont really have any friends, but I am hoping that spending more time in the herping community will help my husband and I find some.

13. How long/from what age have you kept snakes?

I have loved snakes as long as I can remember, but I only got my first one nine months ago.

14. What is your dream snake?

Im honestly not sure yet. There are so many beautiful species and morphs that it is way too soon for me to pick a favorite just yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!