Snake Owners, Feeding Methods - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

View Poll Results: Feeding Methods
Live 15 40.54%
Frozen Thawed 29 78.38%
Stunned 2 5.41%
Prekilled 8 21.62%
Other 2 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Snake Owners, Feeding Methods

Simple, No debate

What do you feed your snakes? Do you feed a combination of all of these methods, or do you primarily feed a specific way.

I dont care why you do(everyone has their reasons), im just interested in what methods you guys use during feeding time!

I looked around and didnt personally find a poll about this already( there still might be!), and i wanted to create one that was non confrontational, because it is such a hot topic, but it IS something thats pretty interesting to know. I think numbers are always good to look at.

So, Have at it.
  • Live
  • F/T
  • Prekilled
  • Stunned
  • Other

What do you feed?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
kmurphy
I said p/k and f/t but I do feed pinkies and fuzzies live.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
shrap
I feed live to my Balls and Freshly Whacked to my Boas.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
BryonsBoas
F/T to 99% of the collection.
Live to a couple BPs and maybe 3 boas that like to switch between f/t & live.
Finally getting 1 of the live eating BPs over to P/K ( its a start to F/t WOOT ).

Old 03-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
AncientDNA
I usually feed F/T...but sometimes I have to feed live pinks to newborns that won't take F/T yet.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
dsirkle
f/t is the easiest and least expensive way for me.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
It varies depending on individual snake preferences and size/temperament of the feeder (rodent). Larger, more agressive feeders are almost always offered F/T or prekilled. Smaller/juvenile feeders are usually offered live where needed, as they represent less risk of injury for the reptile.

Regards.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
Junkyard
I chose "Other" because no one else did. I use roadkill (you know the stuff that has been cooking for a while).

Funny story. When I was in Idaho, there was a skunk that was killed on the road and sat in the center of the road for 6 months!!! It went through the entire winter, covered in fresh snow, packed, and slush. After the weather started to warm up it was finally gone.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
I chose "Other" because no one else did. I use roadkill (you know the stuff that has been cooking for a while).

Funny story. When I was in Idaho, there was a skunk that was killed on the road and sat in the center of the road for 6 months!!! It went through the entire winter, covered in fresh snow, packed, and slush. After the weather started to warm up it was finally gone.

yeah, i figured, there might be some out there that tried other things, like... those weird snake sausage things....

Roadkill is different though/ interesting too ( you are serious right? just figured i would ask ), are you ever worried about rabies and such?

Old 03-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #10
kmurphy
About fifteen or so years ago I was bringing my 8 year old daughter to school and saw a gray squirrel get tagged in front of me. Without thinking much about it I jumped out, wrapped it in newspaper and threw it in the car. My daughter just about died. From then on every time I saw road kill I would pretend to be pulling over as a joke.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!