QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #181
kouneli
1. What type of snake(s) do you own?
2 corn snakes

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own?
I actually fell in love with my first corn snake while I was working for a pet shop. He was the usual fiesty baby when we got him in. I was the only one willing to hold him (puh-lease, those bites didn't even break the skin), and he soon tamed out. Got to the point that I couldn't imagine selling him to someone, so I bought him myself. Tehani was actually a present from my fiance.

3. Do you have help with your snake(s)?
Yes. I actually have them at my fiance's house, because it's the only way I can keep them at the moment. I still handle them whenever I go over to his place, though.

4. How tall are you?
5'3"

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age?
Nope

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?
Nope

7. What is your age group?
26-40

Old 12-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #182
Durke

Ball python

They are beautiful, cute, and come in many different colors. I would also never own a snake that could get too large, since I wouldn't be able to handle it. Sooo ball pythons are perfect for me. They're like miniature versions of the larger pythons, which is cool.

No, but it's fine, I like taking care of him.

4. How tall are you?

5'5"

No

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor?

Yes, partly. I don't want a snake that could strangle me, lol. I'm not very strong, I don't think I could even lift a big snake.

15-25

Old 12-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #183
cynshep

None right now. My boa died awhile back at age 22. Have had hognose, boa constrictor, blood python, garter snakes, sand boas.

They're all beautiful and different and I am a collector.

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)

No.

4. How tall are you?

5'2"

No

No

Old 12-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #184
Charlotte&Loki
Corn snake and a Caulker's Cay is on the way.

Corn because corns are great beginner snakes, and the CC because I LOVE boas but my parents won't let me get a 8-9ft BCI.

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!)
Nope.

4. How tall are you?
5'8"

No not really.

Nope.

15-25
26-40
41-50
Older than that, but none of your business!
None of you're business, no matter how old I am!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #185
carrillo1979
QUESTIONS FOR THE FEMALE SNAKE-OWNERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was going to make a poll out of this, but there are too many questions that I'm interested in asking to make one poll...
Not to be sexist, but I am curious as to how many snake-owning females we have (more than you think, I bet!), & a little bit about what & why.
Indulge my curiosity, if you will, by copy/paste answering the following questions:

I have a 10 foot albino burmese, a 7 foot redtail, a 6 foot dumeril, a baby dumeril, a 4 foot redtail and 3 ball pythons

2. What sparked your interest in the particular snake(s) you own? Just wanted to get a nice collection going

(This is NOT a married/single question! Some of us have snakes & husbands/boyfriends that want nothing to do with them!) Yes my husband

4. How tall are you? 5'8

5. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your size/age? No

6. Does your choice of snake have anything to do with your security/safety factor? No

7. What is your age group?26 to 40
15-25
26-40
41-50
Older than that, but none of your business!
None of you're business, no matter how old I am!

If you feel so inclined, add questions of your own that you'd like answers to, from your fellow female snake-lovers

Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #186
halfheartedfool
Longicauda, Argentine boa, Dumeril, Bredli carpets.

I love the larger species, I used to own BPs and a MBK. But I feel it's the same as large and small breed dogs. Shih tzus are cute but I'd rather have a German Shepard.

No, my boyfriend respects my hobbies and has an interest because I keep them, but he's still afraid they'll eat me one day. lol

4. How tall are you?
5 foot midget

I go by the 8' rule. Even at that size they could tear a large man up if they wanted to. It's about reading body language and knowing what you're doing, obviously there needs to be a lot of respect for the animal no matter the size.

Somewhat, I'd really like to have some larger species some day but having takes a lot of space and food, and a team of people regardless of who you are.

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship ?? Friend? Lover?? IN LAW??
Family HATES 'em. But my boyfriend likes them, friends too. Try telling your significant other about the hundreds of roaches you keep... On purpose. My guy is pretty awesome to accept all my crazy hobbies.

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass?
Not really, I have a friend majoring in Zoology who got me into herps in the first place. She'd be my first choice, or the local herp society.

10. Why do you keep the species you work with? What are your goals with them?
I want to expand my collection to more unique species when I'm at a point where I can. I love them like any other pet, plus I like the education side of it when I have the option to. (Such as working with summer camps etc.)

11. Kinda got another one- any single ladies, how do you break the news to potential b/f's?
They should know immediately? They will always be a big part of my life, if they can't handle me being around snakes they won't be able to tolerate me.

12. How do your friends view your hobby / deal with your obsession?
Don't throw snakes at them, if they don't like them keep them locked up. If someone constantly had to tell me how much they hate them then that's their problem, not mine.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #187
Random8A
Colubrids, Pythons, Boas.

Morphs and Personality. .

I don't need help with them but my fiance' is a Hot keeper and has his own collection.

4. How tall are you?
5 foot 3 inches.

Nope.

Hell no LOL.

8. How many of you have had your love of the scaley ones ruin a relationship?
My loved ones accept me for who I am, they just don't visit my house during the Holidays.

9. Do you have an "if I die" list, of who gets, or what to do with the "collection" once you pass?
No, but I probably should. I am pretty old.

10. Why do you keep the species you work with? What are your goals with them?
Honestly, I keep and fancy Corn Snakes because of the diverse personality and morphs they come in.
The Olive python because of the unique and intelligent personality.
The larger pythons because I love the size they become.
Boa as a species in general because of all of the sub species you can obtain within the species.

11. Kinda got another one- any single ladies, how do you break the news to potential b/f's?
I show them my tattoos?

12. How do your friends view your hobby / deal with your obsession?
They're intrigued. I'm blessed with wonderful people in my life.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #188
Reisreptiles
Currently only a male rosy boa (sent my ball python baby out to California a few days ago).

The great feeding response!

No.

4. How tall are you?
5'2"

Nope.

No.

I am 15

Old 12-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #189
RidesNherps
A variety of rattlesnakes (5 species, 8 individuals), 1.1 Trans-Pecos Copperheads, and a wide variety of colubrids

I used to catch colubrids as a child. But as an adult I developed a lot of interest and fascination with rattlesnakes and gradually acquired a variety of species.

My husband does help some, but the breeding aspect is mostly up to me.

4. How tall are you?
5'4"

No

Yes. Although I really like some of the small vipers from other parts of the world (Europe, Asia, etc.), I stick to North American venomous species due to the greater availability of antivenin should the unthinkable happen.

What is your age group?
<A little>Older than that, but none of your business!

Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #190
zombiehun
colubrids, pythons, boas

curiosity and feeling out the hobby

when I house certain snakes where its easy to just pour water in the bowl.

4. How tall are you?
5'6

no, just comfort level

it does, its the first factor

26-40

If you feel so inclined, add questions of your own that you'd like answers to, from your fellow female snake-lovers!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!