post office "checking" postal money orders? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #11
dragonflyreptiles
I get in postal money orders and I take them straight to the PO where they scan then and cash them, I never have or would try to deposit them to my bank account and cause delays, the PO can do it right there. Now if it is a ton of money the PO may not have that cash on hand to cash them and tell the person to come back the next day with the other MO's to receive payment on the ones they are unable to fund at the time.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #12
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charisma Star
They told the breeder that they looked real, but they wanted to send them to the postal inspectors to make sure. They didn't tell him a day when it would be back. We were guessing a few days... but it's been a lot longer then that.
Its unlikely that they would have said anything else, even if they thought the money orders were the worst forgeries they had ever seen.

Did you buy all of the money orders on the same day? From the same post office?

Old 05-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #13
PerfectPetPython
no; because the lady told me I could only buy up to $3000 worth a day. So I only bought $2000 one day, waited one day, then came back the next day to buy $1500.

I just think this whole thing is stupid... they aren't fake, all they had to do was call a number, IMHO... god this pisses me off so much.

I'm calling them tomarrow like you suggested, I'll let you know.
Actually, I'll be at the post office tomarrow anyway to send Scott & Michael their money orders... do you think I should say anything to the people there? Would they be able to help me?

Old 05-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #14
Scott Ashton
Its worth mentioning to the folks at your post office to see if they know what could have happened.

If they don't know (and you have time) ask to speak to the post master of that post office.

Depending upon what they tell you, you may want to contact the USPS Postal Inspectors.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #15
The BoidSmith
Anne,

What finally became of this? Did you ever receive your animals?

Regards.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
PerfectPetPython
I have kind of put this on the back-burner. I've been very busy lately and could not contact them within the times they've been open. But I will contact them this week.
Will post an update when I have it.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #17
Cat_72
WOW.......for $3500, I would MAKE the time to contact them. If no one has contacted you still, I'd be awfully concerned that your money is gone....??

Old 05-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #18
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
WOW.......for $3500, I would MAKE the time to contact them. If no one has contacted you still, I'd be awfully concerned that your money is gone....??
Same here, and I'm getting to the point where I would like to know who's the breeder. The main reason is that my payment choice is invariably postal money orders. They make me feel safer (so far!). This breeder might be among the ones I might consider doing business with in the future so I would like to know who he is.

Regards,

Old 05-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #19
coyote
Yeah, I'd be pacing the floor, muttering, fretting and having trouble getting to sleep.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #20
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Yeah, I'd be pacing the floor, muttering, fretting and having trouble getting to sleep.
Not to mention saying lots of words that would get me in big trouble here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!