Banana Blizzard.... hmmmm - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2005, 05:14 PM   #11
Jeremy Letkey
Cory, I believe that the picture of Kelli's that you posted is a TRUE banana blizzard. A gecko homogenus for patternless and blizzard. So it has patternless genes as well as blizzard genes, both of which can be visibly seen. Therefore you can see a resemblance to your patternless gecko.

Old 06-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #12
saltwaterreptiles
Thanks Jeremy!

I'll be sure to post pics in a couple of months as the wee ones hatch out...lol....

Like I said, I was resolved that she was a patty.... this was just an effort to get a confirmation on that...

Thanks again for the explanation...

Old 06-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #13
dragonflyreptiles
OK what I see is Kelli's pic is a yellow pattern overlayed on a lavenderish body, on yours I see the yellow pattern overlayed onto no body color.

Its a good comparison to show what a bananna blizzard and a patternless look like and even though the yellow part of the pattern may be the same they have a different under body color.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #14
saltwaterreptiles
Interesting observation Wendy thanks.... its been an interesting exercise for me.

I obtained both of these guys from a local herp shop, they were sold as blizzards and I really had no reason to doubt what they were until they got a little older and the yellow started to come out in them. When I got them as younguns they were almost completly white....

Its been an eyeopener the last little while as I posted pics and got different opinions on what exactly they were....

I'm happy either way.... I do have a confirmed blizzard female that will work with my plans,and which ever way these two prove out I will work them into my plans, cause frankly, they are BOTH beauties!!! lol...

Old 06-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #15
dragonflyreptiles
Do you still hae the pics from when they were babies, I think I remember the thread but Im not sure.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #16
A_Kendergirl
Ohhh..I never knew the bannana blizzard was a blizzard/patty! I always thought that it was just a yellow blizzard...lol.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #17
saltwaterreptiles
Wendy.... here is a pic of Frigga when I first got her, she was about 3 months old here. Sorry for the crappy pic....

and another about a month or two after we got her....

I was going to take a fresh pic of her tonight but she is currently in the middle of a shed...I'll check back before I go to bed and see if she is finished....

The male I don't have a pic of as a young one as he hung out at the herp store for a couple of month before we decided to bring him home....

Old 06-13-2005, 10:21 PM   #18
montezuma
I agree that this is a toughy! And, on the same note... it's a trophy!

My instincts say Patternless but the young pic certainly makes for an arguement of Blizzard!

Old 06-13-2005, 10:37 PM   #19
saltwaterreptiles
Yeah Gene.... as I am said, not overly concerned either way as they are BOTH beauts... I do have a confirmed blizzard anyway, and while my plans were a bell/blizzard project, which I can still do with my confirmed blizz, a bell/patty project can be equally intriguing....

Old 06-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #20
dragonflyreptiles
Very true, she looks like the other patty babies Ive seen at the age those pics were taken. Im fascinated by pattys so Im looking at them constantly lol

Either way they are both nice looking leos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!