Banana Blizzard.... hmmmm - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
saltwaterreptiles
Banana Blizzard.... hmmmm

Ok.... just when I resolve to myself that Frigga and Odin are pattys..... from discussion over the pics I posted on this board and other....I go to Kellis page at hisss.net and see this beauty on her morph guide.....

Banana Blizzard....(property hisss.net)

Now lookit this! My girl Frigga....

(property hisss.net)

Now....I'm not too sure AGAIN.... they look seperated at birth!

BUT on further research I have found a few pics of some pattys that look alot like both her and the male I got from the same parents....

(property www.menagerie.on.ca)

(property www.geckosetc.com)

So you see its not as cut and dried as it seems... even Kelli at hisss.net couldn't verify them visually,the only way we will know for certain is when they have hatchlings... there are eggs in the 'bator now....

Just thought it was interesting how similar these two morphs can be....

Old 06-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
saltwaterreptiles
opps... that second pic isn't Kellis...lol.... its mine.... my bad....

Old 06-13-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Nice comparison and it is very interesting!

Old 06-13-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
MorphTiles
look at the heads the banana has markings in yellow on the pink and your is patternless

Old 06-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
saltwaterreptiles
the head on mine has the same markings Scott.... just don't show up well in that pic...
Here's a larger version..... you can see the pattern there....

I'll see if I can get a good shot of her headtonight as well....not saying she is or isn't a patternless,just wanted to be clear that there is a pattern on her head.....

Old 06-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #6
saltwaterreptiles
and this pic you can see it as well....like I said though, I'll try to get a good head shot when I get home from work tonight...

Old 06-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #7
MorphTiles
must be either my monitor or the picture, I am not sure

Either way that is one great looking leo!

Old 06-13-2005, 05:04 PM   #8
Jeremy Letkey
Cory, I see an easily distinguishable but nice patternless leopard gecko.

Old 06-13-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
saltwaterreptiles
she's a beaut no doubt either way thanks...lol.... I'm not overly concerned if they turn out to be pattys.... she and the male are identical and absolute dolls....

Yeah.... it could be the pic...PROLLY is the pic....

Old 06-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #10
saltwaterreptiles
Jeremy.... what is the basis exactly? Like I said, I was convinced she was a patty, but after seeing that pic on Kelli's site I was swayed again... in the flesh she is IDENTICAL to that one... right down to the pattern on the head , only difference is mine dosn't have that much orange on the base of the tail.

On that point, it was one of the things that people pointed at when I first posted her as a clue she was patternless, was the bit of orange on her tail, but then I see Kellis and there's A LOT of orange on the tail...

lol.... paint me confused....

As I said though, it will be confirmed soon enough... one cluth in the incubator now !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!